JOB TITLE: Analytics Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Learning and Evaluation
Houston Endowment (“the foundation” or “the Endowment”) seeks an Analytics Manager (the “Analytics Manager”) to support the Learning and Evaluation department in providing accurate and useful data, analysis, and data visualization for programmatic and organizational learning. The Analytics Manager, under the leadership of the Director of Learning and Evaluation, will support work across the foundation in areas of data integrity, data analysis, data visualization, data-informed decision making, and overall organizational data fluency. This is a primarily a front-end role, though successful candidates will feel comfortable across the full stack.
The Analytics Manager’s role includes the following:
- Create clear and compelling data visualizations, analytics dashboards, infographics, and data communication products using proprietary and publicly available data sources
- Partner with Communications team to develop and share data products with internal and external audiences across various channels
- Develop and maintain relationships with external researchers, vendors, and other partners to ensure we have access to timely, accurate, and useful data
- Partner with Grants Management and IT teams to implement process and system improvements for data collection and reporting, and improve systems and infrastructure for data storage, analysis, visualization, and use
- Conduct basic desk research on a range of topics by identifying relevant and trustworthy information sources, gathering primary and/or secondary data, and preparing findings for various audiences
- Conduct data analyses from internal data systems to create reports, tables, charts, and narrative
- Assist Grants Management and IT teams in developing documentation, training, support, and feedback mechanisms for staff that lead to consistent practices and high-quality data about organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Strengthen internal capacity to interpret, visualize, and use data for internal learning and decision-making
- Prepare and analyze various datasets to support broader L+E team and organizational work
We believe it is both an honor and a great responsibility to work for Houston Endowment, so we are committed to our values and seek colleagues who share our commitment.
High Performing: We bring our best every day so we:
- Hold high standards and drive for excellence
- Challenge ourselves and show determination in pursuit of our collective goals
- Pursue continuous improvement, even when we have achieved our intended outcomes
- Stay curious to do our best work
Courageous: We know bold action matters so we:
- Hold an audacious vision for what we can accomplish together
- Work proactively, take risks, and make difficult choices when necessary
- Choose optimism, show resilience, and stay engaged in challenging situations
Committed: We care deeply about the organization so we:
- Prioritize and commit to the mission of the organization
- Seek and act on feedback on our work, and devote energy to our own development to be at the top of our field
- Gather diverse perspectives and expertise in service of better results
Connected: We care deeply about each other so we:
- Build relationships with one another to create a highly effective team
- Start with trust, assume others have good intentions, and practice generosity of spirit
- Address issues directly to resolve conflict or misunderstanding
- Embrace inclusion and adapt as appropriate when partnering with others
Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate will be eligible for the Foundation’s comprehensive employee benefits programs, including health, dental and vision plans, time off, life insurance, short- and long-term disability as well as matching 401(k) and pension retirement plans.
COVID-19 UPDATE AND HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Analytics Manger will work on location in Houston. Currently due to COVID-19, employees are working in a hybrid (3 days in-person/2 days remote) position. We are planning on moving to a new office location in Fall 2022, and this position would allow for a flexible working arrangement with a hybrid of office and remote work.
All current Houston Endowment employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19, and we will require any new employees to be fully vaccinated by date of hire as well, absent a medical or religious accommodation as approved by the Director of Human Resources & Administration.
Please visit Houston Endowment - Careers. We will contact candidates who most closely match our requirements. We thank you in advance for your interest.
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree in social sciences, public policy, applied research, or related field preferred
- A minimum of four years of related professional experience; advanced degree may substitute for some experience
- Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis methods, including basic inferential statistics and qualitative analysis
- Fluency with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Superior data management skills, with demonstrated attention to detail leading to trustworthy analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make complex issues understandable and relevant to lay audiences
- Experience with complex social sector data sources (e.g., CPS, ACS, ECLS, NTPS)
- Proficiency with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, STATA) and qualitative data analysis software (e.g. NVivo, Dedoose) a plus
- Innate curiosity to identify the source of data errors and ability to develop and implement workable solutions to improve data quality
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and support others in doing the same
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Must be authorized to work in the United States