TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the US, Canada, UK, France and Japan with plans to expand into several new markets including Australia.
TerraCycle is looking for an experienced well-established Senior Accountant to join our growing business. This position would be responsible for various monthly, quarterly, and annually accounting requirements across multiple business segments within the international organization. The right candidate will have the ability to create, review and manage accurate balance sheet reconciliations, handle month end close reporting for two Canadian entities, review month end close reporting received from Accounting Firm Partners in multiple countries, take on specific projects and assist with developing procedures and reports, all of which would benefit the long-term growth of this role and the company.
· Review general ledger accounts for proper coding in accordance with US GAAP
· Month-end balance sheet reconciliations: preparing for two Canadian entities and reviewing reconciliations prepared by our international Accounting Firm Partners in multiple countries including Brazil, Australia, New Zealand: Cash reconciliations, Prepaids, Intercompany, Fixed Assets, various Liability/Accrual accounts, etc
· Prepare intercompany transactions between domestic and foreign business segments
· Process foreign currency transactions with understanding of impact of currency translations
· Create all Canadian client invoices in within SAP B1 in a timely manner, verifying accuracy and guiding business teams with corrections as needed before generating
· Prepare month end Profit & Loss variance reporting for one Canadian entity and review the same from Brazil, Australia, New Zealand
· Develop, review, and reconcile reports with various departments and foreign entities to validate accounting data
· Process into global SAP B1 system - the foreign subsidiary upload files to record the monthly transactional activity as prepared by our international Accounting Firm Partners in: Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea and China
· Assist with annual year end close, audits and income tax requests of foreign entities as well as monthly sales tax returns for one Canadian entity
· Work with various departments to ensure the accounting policies of the business are understood and consistently followed
· Assist in new project development designed to streamline processes and create efficiencies
· Additional requests as assigned by management
· 10+ years of experience in accounting or related field
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Strong Excel skills
· Working knowledge of general ledger software, SAP Business One a plus
· Microsoft Office proficient
· Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
· Great interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with offices in different geographic regions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
· A problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
· Salaried position
· Generous paid time off
· Health insurance (with subsidized medical plan)
· 401(k) with company match
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Note: International candidates must be eligible to work in their country of employment. At this time TerraCycle does not provide for visa sponsorships.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.