Summary of Position: Provide administrative support to the CEO, Board of Directors, board committees, and Administration staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the administrative needs of the CEO, Board of Directors, and committees to enable them to be more efficient. Proactively perform general administrative duties such as maintaining meeting calendar, ensuring materials are provided for meetings, making travel arrangements, monitoring incoming phone calls, and taking accurate messages, screening appointments, completing expense reports, word processing, developing, and maintaining spreadsheets, composing correspondence, keep board files compliant to Feeding America Contract, copying, and managing supplies
· Coordinate ordering and maintain accurate supply levels for companywide office supplies
· Perform ad-hoc reporting, provide statistics, and develop executive level presentations using Microsoft Office applications. Ensure professional communications and the production of professional documentation, charts, manuals, surveys, and archive searches. Create and maintain various databases; and create PowerPoint presentations for Board and Committee meetings and other meetings as required.
· Work with the Development Department to ensure CEO’s attendance, or Food Bank representation, at speaking engagements, dinners, etc.
· Organize and coordinate scheduling, agendas, and materials for the CEO, Board, and Board committee meetings. Schedule Food Bank meeting spaces, on-site and off-site, for various calendars; prepare staff meeting materials and record and transcribe the minutes; prepare Board and Board committee materials and record and transcribe the minutes; and prepare Board orientation materials and Food Bank information folders.
· Develop and maintain Board and Administration public network folders.
· Assist in special events planning assigned by the CEO (Board retreat and other events as assigned).
· May represent the Food Bank on community projects and at public, social, and business gatherings.
· Assist with the overflow of phones calls and backup front desk as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration plus five years related executive administration experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent organizational, written, verbal, and telephone skills are required.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands.
· Great attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
· Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
· Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Results-orientated and the ability to take initiative.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
· Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.