Are you a CNC Machine Operator? Are you ready to take your manufacturing career to the next level in an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork and continuous improvement? Then come in and talk to us! Elliott Manufacturing in Binghamton, NY is the leading manufacturer of power transmission products for the aerospace, agricultural, commercial, defense, medical, marine, nuclear and lawn & garden industries.
$1,000 sign-on bonus paid after 6 months of continuous employment!
In this role, you will operate all relevant CNC machinery, tools, and equipment and undertake standard and complex production tasks safely and in accordance with instructions. Perform basic maintenance on equipment, troubleshoot problems, or arrange for supervisor to have equipment repaired or serviced by appropriate technicians. Have the ability to set up and operate CNC Machinery, produce parts to blueprint specifications and see that the quality standards are met. Having the ability program Mazatrol controls is a plus. Must be able to assist and help train less skilled and experienced operators.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics, by example.
· Promote methods for efficient operation.
· Use standardized guidelines for setups, tooling, fixtures and equipment.
· Promote a safe, clean work environment.
· Maintain the necessary paperwork.
· Ability to make setups (methods, tooling, and fixtures to assure proper methodology).
· Input to revise methods (setups and fixturing to correct deficiencies).
· Check and report repairs and make necessary adjustments to tools and fixtures before returning to assigned storage area.
· Suggest improvements to implement cost reductions.
· Ability to use and understand inspection tools and equipment.
· Knowledge of blueprints and tolerancing.
· Experience setting up and operating Mazak lathes and knowledge of Mazatrol programming.
· Ability to use DNC software to upload/download programs.
· Provide training as necessary to improve overall operation of the machine shop.
· May be required to work overtime.
· Produce production runs of work orders as necessary.
· Must be self sufficient & team oriented.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Skills and Competencies:
· Decision making
· Mechanically inclined
· Drive for results
· Continuous Improvement
· Effective Communication
· Perform inspection on parts being manufactured
· On the job training
Education and Experience:
· 3 years of machine shop experience or educational equivalent
· Able to operate manual pallet jack & pull/ push 50 lbs.
· Able to lift 30 lbs.
· Able to walk & stand 4 – 8 hrs at a time.