Do you enjoy driving change and making significant impacts to the business? If so, consider joining our dynamic HR Team to make history while having fun along the way!
The Compensation and Benefits Manager will lead strategy, compliance, and administration for all Heniff’s total rewards programs while serving as the go-to compensation & benefits expert. You will be instrumental in ensuring our total rewards programs and tools are crafted to attract, reward, and retain top talent to fuel our next chapter of growth. The Compensation and Benefits Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders across the organization and will leverage data-driven insights that facilitate the design of innovative, cost-effective, and market-competitive programs.
In addition, you will be responsible for enhancing the employee experience, building an even greater place to work, and assuring we are delivering relevant and meaningful compensation and benefits offerings through clear communication and effective programs. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a thriving growth-stage, transportation company and make a big impact on our business.
- The Compensation and Benefits Manager partner with HR and Business Leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute a competitive total rewards strategy to include compensation, health and welfare benefits, 401k, paid time off programs, and other reward & recognition programs that are cost-effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives.
- Manage the annual compensation process to include salary planning, merit budget, salary adjustments, internal equity reviews, annual incentive grants, and promotions; provide guidance and develop creative solutions on a variety of compensation matters including the setting of appropriate pay grades & FLSA status, defining and implementing salary structure ranges based on market data, and position leveling.
- The Compensation and Benefits Manager will evaluate, redesign, and administer health and welfare, retirement, and leave benefit programs, including negotiating with insurance carriers and vendors, handling broker and vendor relationships, supervising annual renewals, and leading open enrollment, to increase effectiveness and impact of programs while ensuring coordination and understanding of programs and compliance with state/government regulations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and effective compensation & benefits communication strategies and trainings; build & maintain content for employees and candidates; serve as subject matter expert and escalation point to employees, managers, and HR Representatives for all Total Reward programs.
- The Compensation and Benefits Manager will ensure adequate processes, controls, compliance reviews, and audits (including 401(k), Form 5500, etc.) are in place and are completed successfully for compensation and benefits programs; utilize job descriptions to perform FLSA audits in compliance with federal regulations to ensure proper classification of positions.
- Establish, build, and maintain dashboards and reporting mechanisms to measure key compensation, benefits, and engagement data which validate total rewards program effectiveness and identify trends; analyze data and prepare reports as necessary for Board of Directors, Company Officers, Executive Team, and other leadership across the organization.
- The Compensation and Benefits Manager prepare and manage compensation and benefits program documents, including pay policies, incentive plan documents, etc.; ensure required documents are processed through payroll and carriers to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper payroll deductions.
- 4+ years of experience in Compensation and Benefits roles with progressive growth and practical experience managing compensation, equity, and benefits programs in a high-growth, multi-state environment with multiple entities, office locations, and divisions, preferably in a transportation or blue collar environment.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Certified Equity Professional (CEP), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal wage and hour laws including FLSA, all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting compensation and benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, HIPAA, and social security and DOL requirements.
- Proven track record of developing, managing, and evaluating various components of incentive plans
- Demonstrated understanding of how to evaluate, design, implement, and administer self-funded health benefits, retirement plans, leaves of absence, accommodations, workers compensation, and wellness programs throughout the US. International experience is a plus.
- An understanding of how to account for diversity, equity, and inclusion when making Total Rewards recommendations.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
To fill out a full application click HERE!
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.