Purpose: To develop sign plans and sign production files for Meow Wolf’s upcoming exhibitions.
Location: Santa Fe, NM.
Compensation: This is an exempt position. The starting pay for this position is $60,629. Compensation will vary based on experience.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
Are you a graphic designer with solid and savvy experience creating signs? Come join Meow Wolf as a Graphic Designer, Signs, where you’ll develop a variety of sign plans and sign packages for our exciting, much-anticipated new exhibitions, including Grapevine and Houston, TX. Our ideal candidate will create wayfinding, operational, life safety, and show sign location plans and production packages for project builds. Strong experience in developing intricate and accurate production files for bids and vendors is key for this role.
The designer will collaborate closely with many departments, ranging from operations to creative direction. It is crucial for the designer to prioritize tasks on multiple projects, work well under pressure, follow graphics standards, code requirements, and suggest additional ways of improving existing designs and design systems. The Graphic Designer, Signs, possesses the skills and experience to complete projects through creative problem solving. The work is project based, and the role may have the opportunity to assist Lead Designers with larger conceptual projects.
You will design clear and appropriate signs for Meow Wolf’s new exhibitions, thereby leading to a lively, safe, and positive experience for our visitors.
How you will do it…
- Oversee sign design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Create sign plans, as well as production files for bids and vendors.
- Collaborate with a variety of departments as required, including operations, show management, production design, creative direction, fabrication and technical direction.
- Prioritize projects based on importance and urgency of deadline.
- Communicate with relevant teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work closely with fellow graphic designers on ideating, concepting and resource sharing.
- Participate in the ideation, presentation and execution of assignments, following through on all creative deliverables.
- Be responsible for the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of projects, to ensure that ?nal design assets are completed to speci?cations.
To be successful in this role…
- You bring 3+ years experience as a graphic designer, specifically creating signs and speccing them for production.
- You preferably come from themed entertainment, construction or interactive museums.
- You come with industry knowledge on materiality and production methods.
- You hold knowledge in state and federal code requirements, as well as ADA requirements.
- You are well versed working with print and digital formats.
- You have a broad understanding of and the ability to execute the various types of graphic design.
- You have the ability to stay focused under pressure, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to drive improvement of company graphics standards and be a self-starter.
- You come with a portfolio of professional design work that demonstrates skills and experience in the graphic design field, as well as a keen visual aesthetic.
- You possess an acumen to communicate about design strengths and weaknesses
- You bring a thorough understanding of grid systems and typography.
- You express a natural curiosity for emerging technologies.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis:
- Google Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- SketchUp or other 3D/architectural programs
Work environment and physical demands...
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by...
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf's Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during open enrollment are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of your total compensation package, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet your healthcare and financial needs along with many perks. Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.