District Organizing Director or Deputy Organizing Director
The DCCC is seeking Organizers to work on competitive congressional races for the 2022 cycle. Organizers will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to expand the volunteer network for the campaign. Organizers will manage and execute voter contact tactics such as phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, text banks, and visibility events. In addition, Organizers will recruit and coordinate volunteers around voter protection efforts. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, and enthusiastic.
The salary for this position is $42,000 annually.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Positions will be based directly in the congressional district ;
- Commitment to the election of Democrats up and down the ballot;
- Adaptable to changing needs and program priorities
- Previous political campaign experience a plus;
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence —the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways;
- Have a personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal skills;
- A positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Current driver’s license.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America care about most;
- Learn, develop and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns;
- Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation;
- Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues;
- Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels with regard to hiring, contracting, and political strategy;
- Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2022 election cycle.
About the DCCC
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U.S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, digital strategy, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio, digital, and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hard-working professionals who are committed to electing Democrats and protecting the House majority.
Equal Opportunity Policy
DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), religion, age, disability, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, weight, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, economic status, genetic information, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law; DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for vendors to contract with DCCC;
DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the Democratic Party; Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both staff and vendors.
The diversity mission of DCCC is for DCCC to reflect the diversity of the country, which strengthens the core mission of electing House Democrats; To that end, DCCC strives to create an inclusive environment that cultivates and supports diversity at every organizational level, including its staff, candidates, and contractors.