We are growing...again! This is a very exciting time to be a part of our already amazing team of radiology techs! We have new providers, and have filled our schedule at a new clinic and now, we are hiring several new techs to support all of this growth!
For over six decades, communities throughout central Iowa have placed their trust in the physicians at Iowa Ortho to provide exceptional medical care. As a Center of Excellence, every team member at Iowa Ortho—from the surgeons to the administrative staff—strives to provide the highest quality medical care possible.
Our company is made up of several teams who are all dedicated to providing excellent experiences for our patients and our co-workers. If you enjoy working alongside some of the best medical providers in the state and you place patient care above all else, there may be a place for you at Iowa Ortho.
The Back Office Assistant assists in gathering data, documenting and preparing patients under direction of a physician. The assistant is expected to room patients, draw up injections as directed, locate and deliver DME, educate patients, take x-rays, administer C-Arm procedures, as well as assist in other procedures allowed under the RTR licensure. This role is supportive to the physician, physician assistant and LPN’s necessary to ensure a positive patient experience and outcome.
Please note, our first point of contact concerning any open positions, maybe e-mail. Please check your spam folder as unknown senders sometimes wind up in spam or junk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct patients to exam room; obtains patient history and vitals
- Pull x-rays and MRIs as needed via the computer; uploads images brought on CD by the patient
- Assist physician/x-ray tech with procedures as requested; prepare patient for injection as directed by a physician
- Assist patients with dressing, transport and transfers
- Assist with cast and splint application and/or removal; remove sutures, staples, apply Steri-Strips and appropriate bandages/dressings as directed by physician
- Accurately schedule/reschedule appointments and follow up appointments for patients as needed
- Collect specimens as directed by a physician, do proper paper work and deliver specimen to proper lab
- Prepare equipment/instruments for autoclave as needed
- Document information in EMR; prepare the paper charts for upcoming appointments by printing information from EMR and filing appropriately
- Call patients for upcoming appointments to obtain a history and get items from different facilities as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, physicians, and other staff
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Must be able to regularly attend work.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to Release of Information Guidelines in regards to clients’/significant others’ rights.
- Practices our mission each day which is to serve our patients the best way possible providing the best care possible.
WORKING CONDITION AND CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be exposed to chemical hazards, which include, but not limited to toxic substances, cleaning fluids, and disinfectants.
- Exposure to communicable disease and body fluids is also possible.
- Work may be done in a cool, dimly lit room, with a moderate noise level.
- Use of fingers, hands, and sense of feeling in order to efficiently use a computer
- Visual skills in order to read and use a computer
- Ability to speak and give clear instructions; ability to hear in order to receive instructions
- Ability to be on one's feet for at least 9 hours a day; must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit, walk, carry, push, reach, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist patients in arising from exam/x-ray table and getting on exam/x-ray table
- Ability to push a wheelchair with a patient to and from exam/x-ray room and assisting patients in rising from and returning to a wheelchair
This position has a hiring range of $22.14 - $24.35 per hour based on years of relative experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and experience required.
- RT(R) certificate or degree (Current licensure)
- Current CPR Certification and Mandatory Reporter Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills; ability speak to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to hear in order to talk to patients and other team members on the phone or in person
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, exercise judgment and make decisions
- Ability to perform in stressful situations; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as physician orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to document accurately and concisely patient’s care in EMR and/or in patients chart