A $500 sign-on incentive will be given to all candidates who interview and are hired before October 1st. The sign-on money will be awarded after you work 30 calendar days.
This is a part time/part year position (summers off). Rate of pay $ 11.20 an hour. The Classroom Aide will support the classrooms at either our Lake Geneva sites or our Elkhorn site.
The Classroom Aide will provide support in the classroom by handling daily operation tasks allowing teachers to concentrate their efforts on addressing the needs of the children in the classroom.
The Classroom Aide will spend the majority of their time providing support for classroom operations by completing preparation and clean-up tasks.
Essential Tasks and Other Tasks as Assigned:
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Support teachers with classroom environment, lesson preparation and assessment observation as guided by teachers. These duties will include:
• Set up for naptime/ pick up and store mats after naptime
• Support laundry needs, i.e. laundering sheets and blankets
• Prepare materials for specific activities for lesson plan prep
• Make changes to classroom environment per teacher guidance
• Prepare for tooth brushing using established policy/procedure
Assist classroom teachers in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance the safety and cleanliness of the classroom environment. These duties will include:
• Set up for meals and snacks/Clean-up after meals and snacks
• Model good hygiene/sanitation practices, i.e. handwashing and use of gloves appropriately
• Clean-up after for tooth brushing
• Observing and recording observations of children’s skills
Perform duties to ensure program is meeting requirements, and providing quality services, including:
• Support the implementation of all agency services, according to agency plans, and in compliance with all Performance Standards and Child Care Licensing regulations.
• Follow program procedure to report suspected child abuse/neglect.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times, always protecting staff and participant Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General knowledge of the practices
• Ability to operate audio visual equipment
• Standard office equipment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, children and administrators
• Employee must be 18 years of age or older and have graduated from High School or GED
• Ability to work around/with diverse populations/family models.
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certificates.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain good attendance.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team.