Second Grade Teacher (Lone Tree, Colorado)
Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County is hiring a second grade teacher for its growing campus in Lone Tree, Colorado, in the south Denver metro area. At Ascent Classical Academies, teachers create their own lessons within the framework set by our content-rich curriculum, in collaboration with colleagues and in partnership with Hillsdale College's Barney Charter School Initiative. General education teachers are responsible for mastering the key elements of their instruction, to include explicit phonics, Singapore math, Core Knowledge history and science, and English grammar with support from peers and Hillsdale College. Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of our students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture.
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies is a growing K-12 classical school network based in Colorado. Our schools offer an American Classical Education based on the Core Knowledge framework and scope and sequence developed by the Barney Charter School Initiative of Hillsdale College. Ascent Classical schools currently serve approximately 1,500 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond. Our schools offer a well-rounded liberal arts and classical education grounded in virtue and supporting the ideas and philosophy behind the American Founding.
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2022
Compensation Range and Particulars: $37,000 to $55,000 annually. Teacher/student contact and professional development days amount to approximately 185 days per year, with significant time off in the summer. Pay is spread evenly over 12 months.
Schedule and Classification: Full-Time Exempt
- Competitive compensation package including performance pay and stipends available
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance through HealthJoy
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act and the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of on-site training and several days at Hillsdale College in Michigan each summer
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in the subject matter, demonstrate high moral character and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. The successful candidate will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- For co-curricular subjects, at least 36 hours of higher education credit in the subject area of instruction (alternatively, a passing grade in a content exam)
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies
A teacher's license is neither required nor preferred. General education grammar school teachers may be required to pass a state-required elementary education content exam within six months of beginning employment.