Under general supervision of the Senior Security Manager, verify that individuals arriving at the security gates are authorized to enter the property and park in the back of house by checking credentials and/or approved guest lists.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all employees, visitors, and contractors have the proper credentials to enter the security gates.
- Make sure all vehicles go through one at a time to avoid accidents and/or damages.
- Watch security cameras and reporting any findings to security.
- Keep constant vigilance of activity on and around the security gate area.
- Prevent loses and damages by reporting irregularities. Inform violators of Gas South District’s policies and procedures.
- Control back of house traffic by directing drivers to the proper facility loading docks for their deliveries and events.
- Coordinate arrival and departure of emergency response vehicles (i.e., ambulance, fire trucks, and any other first responders) ensuring priority access should an emergency arise on campus.
- Work in concert with Dock Management Personnel and Event Managers directing deliveries to appropriate facility loading docks based on event requirements
- Manage multiple events on property at any given time.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic security and fire procedures.
- Answering telephone calls, radio calls, and emails in a professional, friendly, and positive manner.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office and other software to run reports and monitor security cameras.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work alone with little supervision.
- Ability to work with multiple personality types in person, via phone and electronic communication.
- A positive and friendly can-do attitude.
- Knowledge about the company and its staff.
- Strong leadership skills.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. with a minimum of two years’ experience as a gate guard or security officer, as well as previous customer service experience.