We started Blokable in 2016 to make quality housing attainable for everyone. We develop housing to force the market to work. Our unique Blokable Building System (BBS) unlocks previously unavailable efficiencies through standardized, prefab housing components called Bloks which we use to manufacture multi-family residential buildings, real estate, and communities. We don’t sell our Bloks into the industry; we are vertically integrated housing developers, developing both market-rate and not-for-profit projects. By vertically integrating the development process and leveraging our internally developed and manufactured prefabricated building system we generate enormous efficiencies in the development process and create real estate equity. The newly created real estate equity creates wealth for our business, stakeholders, and the communities we build. This is a new paradigm for housing creation and a real solution for the housing crisis.
To learn more about our business model we encourage you to review our website and to watch this video: https://vimeo.com/341024376/61a3854170
The Blokable Building System is a precise, high-performance volumetric assembly that ships from our factory as a 95% complete living unit, requiring a minimum of site work to install and finish. We use structural and non-structural steel for multi-story structure, non-combustible walls, floors, and ceilings, and have an internally engineered hardware and software platform that allows owners to monitor building safety, security, and performance in real time. Our office is located in Sacramento. We're continually improving as we move from construction to manufacturing, adding manufacturing processes and specifications and preparing to expand our manufacturing capacity.
Blokable is well financed by world class, mission aligned investors including Vulcan Capital , Kapor Capital, Launch , Revolution Ventures , Building Ventures, Urban.us , Ferguson Ventures , and others. The people of Blokable come from a broad range of backgrounds including real estate development, finance, architecture, product design, engineering, technology, law, manufacturing, and construction. We work for each other and have all joined Blokable to work every day on the housing problem. We have very ambitious goals and a clear, though challenging path ahead to force the housing market to work.
Check us out in Forbes!
We are seeking a zealous, devoted candidate to join our team who is imaginative, a critical thinker, a self-starter, and a team player. This is a tremendous opportunity with immense vocational growth and to work closely with designers, engineers, business professionals, and real estate leaders where success means being part of the solution to solving the housing crisis.
You are an ideal candidate if you have a close eye for detail and an ability to see the broader picture, meet challenges with enthusiasm, and welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively across departments within a diverse organization.
Are you an individual who possesses the following characteristics?
- Constant drive for knowledge
- Ability to approach common challenges with creativity and constructive criticism
- Problem solver with the ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Provide ideas independently and in a team environment.
- Foster’s professional and personal respect while upholding our values which include Fearless, Fierce Commitment and One Mission
The Junior Technical Designer will collaborate with and assist the cross-functional Product Team in developing our BIM (Building Information Modeling) intelligent 3D models, documentation of technical drawing sets, and implementing BIM standards. The role will support Blokable’s BIM workflows in product development and project delivery environments from design to manufacturing.
Specific functions and responsibilities:
- Support the development of technical detailing concepts and ideas through 3D modeling and simulation
- Focus on technical aspects of the design process and capture how assemblies come together meticulously
- Support the production of technical drawings and technical information provided to internal engineers, external prototyping, and manufacturing partners
- Contribute to research and development of technical details through all phases of product development
Skills / Competencies:
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a desire to further develop engineering skills
- Knowledge of fabrication drawings, sheet layouts, and ability to communicate about technical drawings
- Familiarity with construction documents and administration in addition to shop drawing processes, from the design phase, leading to construction and manufacturing
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, engineering, industrial design, or demonstrable industry experience in the technical design field
- 3-5 years of industrial design, manufacturing, or technical design industry experience
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with Autodesk Revit
- Knowledge of Autodesk BIM360 and Vault
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We offer unlimited potential for motivated professionals, great compensation, and full benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.