As a leading 3PL for 20+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 3,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities.
We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude. We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates for full-time position.
This position is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager in leadership and oversight of contract packaging and warehousing operations across multiple locations. Provides support for budget by ensuring operational and resource efficiencies, job specifications, quality, safety and labor allocation. Provides direction and coaching to Warehouse Supervisor and staff including temporary and contract workers. Often responsible for “hand’s-on” tasks and duties to ensure efficient and safe operations. (May provide back-up duties for Warehouse Supervisors.)
- Supports Operations Manager in facilitating Production Planning & Scheduling with inventory, labor allocation and Warehouse capacity. This is an interactive role which may require forklift operation, pick and pack, etc. to cover operations needs and to provide coaching, training and implement process efficiencies.
- Provides support to ensure efficient operations within budget and maximizing project margins across all locations.
- Showcases superior customer service to build internal and external relationships. Provides support to Customer Service Reps and engages with external customers.
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Operations and Administration to streamline processes and feasibility of implementation while also evaluating project margin potential.
- Provides support and coaching to leverage efficiencies with labor allocation, inventory planning, equipment reliability and quality requirements while providing safe workplace compliance.
- Supports Operations Manager in robust Quality Management processes and responses as well as location certifications.
- Supports development, implementation and management of equipment reliability and preventative maintenance initiatives.
- Provides support to Operations Manager related to billing, invoicing, labor allocation and Human Resources initiatives to streamline processes.
- Builds positive engagement throughout the organization.
- Coaches and supports the growth and development of resources throughout the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring talent management initiatives which including performance reviews, feedback as well as overseeing hiring, training and succession planning initiatives.
- Supports employees in day to day operations, tasks and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for general compliance, documentation and ensuring safety and regulatory and customer specification compliance.
- Understand SOPs and properly instituting them.
- Ensuring shop rate is met while maintaining quality.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
- Provides attention to detail and proactively address issues in a timely manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Operates safely in all conditions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Directly or indirectly supervises employees, temporary or contractor workers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing, warehouse, contract packaging or related supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of operations, customer service or customer relations experience required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Calm Demeanor and level head for troubleshooting and handling issues as they arise.
- Must safely operate forklift and maintain valid license/certification.
- Ability to develop and carry out policies and procedures.
- Customer contact and prior experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with internal and external stakeholders. Must respond well to questions and have ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
- Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related technology.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to work flexible hours across all shifts, overtime, weekends, etc based upon business operational demands and may be required to operate across various locations.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.jillamy.com.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.