Lynker is seeking to hire a full-time Facility Maintenance Specialist to support a contract with NOAA’s Office of National Marine Sanctuaries. Work will be conducted on-site at the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center in Santa Cruz, California.
Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary (MBNMS) is one of the nation’s largest marine protected areas encompassing more than 6,000 square miles of central California coastal waters containing a rich array of habitats and marine life. The Sanctuary program provides protection of these natural resources through research and education to foster public understanding and stewardship of this nationally significant marine area. MBNMS opened a state-of-the-art Exploration Center in 2012 to educate and outreach to the local community and visitors to the Santa Cruz area. The goals of the Sanctuary Exploration Center are to educate visitors about the sanctuary’s unique and fascinating coastal marine environment and to encourage stewardship of the sanctuary and a better understanding of how to responsibly enjoy and protect the ocean.
The Facility Maintenance Specialist duties include:
- Ensure excellent operation of the Sanctuary Exploration Center by providing facility maintenance, upkeep, evaluation and repair.
- Identify, analyze, recommend and complete necessary paperwork to improve facility operations.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled work in facility maintenance, repair and minor upkeep including some plumbing, filter maintenance, and light fixtures.
- Perform a variety of Audio-Visual exhibit maintenance, repair and troubleshooting
- Investigate, assess and report on deterioration of or damage to the Sanctuary Exploration Center's interpretive exhibits and facility infrastructure.
- Assist, develop and oversee work on displays and exhibits indoors and outdoors.
- Assist in ensuring proper safety standards are incorporated in staff and visitor areas.
- Perform various janitorial tasks at Sanctuary Exploration Center (SEC) site.
- Complete all janitorial and maintenance for the SEC site as required, including interior and exterior of building, and grounds.
- Track and report all cleaning and restroom supplies required for ordering purposes.
- Assist with identifying service contractors for repair work and report to appropriate site management.
- Identify areas that need work, and consult with site management on needed plans.
- Maintain and update facility maintenance schedules.
- Maintain facilities to all safety, operational and professional standards.
Minimum required qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of professional experience with facility maintenance
- Day-to-day experience operating building systems (e.g. heating, lighting, plumbing, electrical, fire/life safety, and elevators) and grounds in a public facility
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to attend to details, effectively prioritize a variety of competing tasks under strict timelines and meet multiple deadlines and approval processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to develop solutions and recommendations for on-the-ground issues related to facility and/or exhibit maintenance
- Skilled in originating new approaches or adapting existing approaches to develop and carry out projects
- Ability to set long rang maintenance plans and estimated cost
- Willingness to answer emergency call
- Two (2) years of experience working in a similar position involving janitorial.
- Knowledge of green building maintenance requirements.
Lynker, an employee-owned company, is a Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost-effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.