First responders all over the world depend on Safeguard. Our medical devices, training and consultancy equip and enable first responders to preserve life in military, emergency services, law enforcement, industrial, community, corporate and private settings.
Together, we empower people to save lives.
We are currently seeking a full time Operations Manager to join our growing team at our Harrisburg facility, and soon, when construction is complete on our new facility in Huntersville, we will look forward to continuing operations there!
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of US production along with the distribution center. This role oversees the activities of production and warehouse personnel to ensure safe and efficient work operations. This position is responsible for developing and implementing action plans, in conjunction with Supply Chain, Engineering and other departments as needed, for achieving production targets. S/he will oversee the hiring and training of production operations and warehouse staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the production operations budget to ensure minimal production cost and optimal product quality.
- Works cross functionally to eliminate waste and other constraints to improve and optimize work efficiency to the highest levels.
- Manages and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Collaborates with quality/engineering to develop and implement safety policies for general production operations.
- Management responsibilities include the selection, development, performance management and continuous recalibration of staff; ensures appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation; performs administrative tasks associated with timekeeping, pay, performance, policy administration and other matters related to employment.
- Oversees all aspects of the production team by managing the delegation and assignment of work tasks to production staff to achieve set manufacturing targets.
- Prepares and submits regular reports of production operations to management.
- Ensures the following functions are completed on a regular and timely basis for the assigned facility: Building Maintenance, Building Cleaning, Garbage Scheduling, Stericycle Scheduling, Lawn Care, Preventative Maintenance and Calibrations of machines in the building.
- Manages and oversees shipping, receiving and assembly operations. Leads distribution management team (manager, supervisors, and lead personnel) and reviews metrics with a focus on providing a superior customer experience including timely and effective delivery of goods to customers.
- Ensures compliance with Quality Systems; ISO 13485 and Safety/OSHA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or related program preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment required
- Demonstrated prior experience in effectively leading a team.
- Fundamental understanding of the manufacturing operations process in a regulated environment required.
- Knowledge of warehousing operations including receiving, inspection, shipping as well as inventory management required. Sterilization knowledge preferred
- Lean deployment and project experience including: 5S, 5-why/RCA, KPI deployment, standard work, & Kaizen required.
- Intermediate level skill with ERP systems required. Microsoft D365 experience highly preferred.
- Project management skills required.
- Computer proficient to include the ability to learn new systems.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to address top-level concerns and find the best path forward using all available data.
- Interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to lead a team and work cross functionally across the organization.
- Ability to interact, challenge, and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- A thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes and principles.
- Strong personal and professional judgement.
- Ability to respond quickly to a fast-paced work environment and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly.
- Organization skills including the ability to juggle multiple priorities, functions, and projects.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, hearing/listening, grasping, reaching, lifting, and carrying up to 50 lbs., bending/stooping, kneeling/crawling, climbing, balancing, pushing/pulling, vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus and color code.
This position requires the ability to: maintain an appropriate work pace; to comprehend and follow instructions; to exercise logic and reasoning; to organize and prioritize, read, problem solve, make decisions, count, and compute, analyze, and interpret data, work independently or as part of a team, multi-task/re-direct, and experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations.
Work schedule may include variable start/end times outside of the company's standard business hours of 8:00
a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This position is required to be on call in cases of emergency or natural disaster.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safeguard Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Safeguard Medical believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.