First responders all over the world depend on Safeguard. Our medical devices, training and consultancy equip and enable first responders to preserve life in military, emergency services, law enforcement, industrial, community, corporate and private settings.
Together, we empower people to save lives.
We are currently seeking a full time Contract Operations Manager to join our team! The Contract Operations Manager is responsible for developing, directing, and implementing strategies towards the fulfillment of Contracting Operations initiatives. S/he will plan and direct all aspects of Safeguard’s Contracting policies and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and organizes contracting operations.
- Directs accomplishment of contracting system functions and ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in identifying new contracting opportunities to support corporate goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with other functional departments to accomplish advance planning and ensure adequacy and correctness of contracting approach, lead time, purchase, specifications, and contractual interpretations/ obligations.
- Assists with new NSN’s and maintenance requests.
- Aids in preparation of contract files required to add or modify contracts, to include but not limited to ECAT, DAPA, GSA and CEC.
- Reviews DOD and Civilian bid boards for opportunities and prepares responses.
- Provides customer quotations, including obtaining freight quotes, verifying payment terms and all other terms and conditions.
- Processes online orders from CEC, ECAT and GSA and prepares for distribution to customer service.
- Assists in internal systems and processes, manual as well as automated, required to accomplish and monitor contracts essential to enhancing contracting efficiency.
- Ensures fulfillment of objectives to maintain flexibility and swiftly reacts to market conditions and opportunities.
- Advises and supports technology integrations not limited to D365, Salesforce, MS Teams, etc.
- Ensure that all Sales Reps, Customer Service Representatives, and the Director of Distributed Sales have the information that they need to make well-informed business decisions.
- Supports initiatives of the Balanced Score Card.
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor consistent with the image of Safeguard.
- Maintains confidentiality of company data including new product information, marketing strategies, pricing information and other business proprietary information.
- 3+ years progressively responsible contracting roles and management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with product distribution into Federal, DOD and civilian agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft software programs including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced in functions of Excel and Dynamics GP.
Possesses a keen sense of urgency, initiative, and common sense as well as the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals. Demonstrates a strong interest in developing new skills; the ability to learn new software and systems. Proven teamwork and people management skills; excellent interpersonal skills. Must be a very capable communicator and comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, sales, marketing, engineering, operations, customers, and business partners in a highly professional, confident, and poised manner. Ability to formulate training contract business plans, competitive analysis, and cost benefit analysis of contract requirements. Demonstrated ability to work creatively and independently and prioritize effectively to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to meet designated deadlines is also a critical qualification. Well-developed analytical skills; excellent project management skills. Demonstrates consistent and measurable leadership strength and proven past experience in effective problem resolution. Demonstrates proficiency in effective task management, decision making and personnel management skills. Excellent planning, organization, analytical skills, and project management skills. Must possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking. The duties also involve active hearing/listening, grasping, and reaching, as well as occasional lifting and carrying of product and supplies up to 20lbs. Vision requirements include close vision, the ability to adjust focus and color code.
This position requires the ability to: maintain an appropriate work pace; comprehend and follow instructions; exercise logic and reasoning; organize, prioritize, and strategize; read; compose written communication; communicate verbally; problem solve; make decisions; count and compute; analyze and interpret data; multi-task/re-direct; experience numerous interruptions; ability to focus in an open-office environment and work alone successfully. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity, patience, and emotional intelligence in difficult or stressful situations.
This position requires travel approximately 10% of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safeguard Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Safeguard Medical believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.