Apply today to start your career with one of the market leaders in construction and industrial tools and supplies!
Fasteners Inc. is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist for its Las Vegas location. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be a team player, and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, and co-workers is required.
What We Have to Offer You
We have a generous benefit package that will include Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long-Term Disability, 401k, 401k match, Life Insurance, Vacation, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Discounted Fitness Membership, and Paid Parental Leave.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities
· Sell and service customers, providing pricing and product application information.
· Make inside sales generation priority #1 by taking phone/fax orders and providing delivery information.
· Prepare quotes and follow up as required in a timely fashion.
· Service Outside Sales staff as required. Provide timely feedback and “heads up” on large quotes.
· Input all orders into sales order entry system in a timely fashion.
· Communicate honestly and succinctly with the purchasing department.
· Maintain day to day customer relations and service duties.
· Maintain computer records as needed for orders.
· Keep supervisors apprised of customer issues as warranted.
· Assist other Inside sales staff when needed.
· Handle special orders, will call, non-stock items, returned merchandise, back orders and warranty claims in accordance with Company policy.
· Keep catalogs and price lists current and up-to-date. Inform customers of promotions and quantity price discounts. Answer questions regarding product applications.
· Coordinate marketing and advertising efforts with internal marketing team and external partners.
· Make cold calls with vendor representatives to sell new products or introduce new product lines.
· Keep supervisors advised of competitive products and prices.
· Assist in new employee orientation and training at the Counter.
· Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
· Arrange direct delivery and installation of products and equipment.
· Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
· Assist with the company’s inventory management program when required.
· Actively and enthusiastically participate in team initiatives. Weekly walkthrough of showroom to review new products, catalogs, and updated information from vendors is required.
· Participate in regular training sessions to understand new merchandise, improve sales skills, and attend industry meetings as required by management.
· Strive to improve product knowledge by participating in online Evergreen courses, getting with local factory reps or requesting additional education in writing to manager.
· Adhere to all company policies, including safety and core values, which are of the utmost importance to the organization. Exercise and promote safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules, and policies regarding safety.
· Recommended reference for Counter Sales job responsibilities: STAFDA’s Counter Pro Manual.
· Protect and maintain confidentiality of company trade secrets and other confidential proprietary information including, without limitation, operations methods, customer information and sales data.
· Maintains punctuality and regular and reliable attendance
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Must have product knowledge in the construction industry with preferred suppliers such as: Bosch, De Walt, Greenlee, Rigid, Milwaukee, Makita, and Panasonic.
· Must be familiar with product line displays, the Company showroom, and able to demonstrate features and uses of product applications.
· Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, well organized.
· Able to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions.
· Able to work independently and use effective problem-solving skills.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Intermediate to expert in using NetSuite.
· May be required to work Saturdays.
· Some travel required; less than 10%.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Competitive wage and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability, EAP, travel assistance program, discounted fitness membership, and 401k plan.
Fasteners Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.
Background check and drug screening are required prior to employment.