When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, or an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems. Right now, we are accepting applications for the role of Parts Coordinator working out of our Holt, MI facility on a full-time basis.
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services has a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect and together - desiring to help one another as a complete team.
General Job Description:
- Receive and manage parts request calls from PM’s, Engineers, and Customers.
- Locate parts from inventory or outside sources and fulfill the required steps to get the part where it’s needed.
- Negotiate parts costs with Suppliers.
- Create parts quotes as needed.
- Advise and be a resource to the Tech-Ex team on all part-related questions.
- Clearly communicate priorities, deadlines, and progress updates.
- Provide accurate project invoicing and parts documents.
- Create financial documents in our internal systems for parts acquisition, exchanges, and shipments.
- Track costs and trends and generate metrics/goals that can be utilized to create efficiency and better parts acquisition decisions.
- Utilize Salesforce to communicate, maintain project organization, and track parts and assets.
- Track and return exchange parts in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update all Company databases in a timely manner including scanning and saving documents.
- Problem-solve issues that arise in the parts acquisition and validation process.
- Run reports and queries to determine status, validate information, and complete tasks in SF and SAP.
- Develop knowledge of various medical imaging equipment, manuals, and schematics to enhance technical understanding of the products we sell and service.
- Initiate follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of Block Imaging's handling of parts and logistics issues.
- Assist with documentation and process improvement for Project Management and Engineering teams.
- Manage parts and accessory inventory and audits.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Occasionally be available after hours via phone to handle parts and logistics issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Day in the life: Here is a video you can hear directly from our team members sharing a little more about their experience at Block Imaging
Education: Bachelor’s or college coursework in Supply Chain Management or Logistics preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years in logistics, medical imaging, or equivalent.
Benefits and Perks: We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
- Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
- Profit-Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
- Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and an annual company contribution, along with financial planning tools and training.
- Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
- Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer