We are looking for an accomplished Director of Social Media who lives and breathes organic social media - strategy, community building, stroll-stopping content ideas, the works! As our lead social media expert, you are the advocate for our clients’ organic social media presence and reputation. You will drive social strategy and creative vision in a way that is positive, authentic, and results-driven. You know what type of content is optimal for which social media platforms and can develop the right voice for each.
At Raindrop, we create strategically and partner generously with our clients to bring them success. The Director of Social Media will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day account execution, including overseeing a team of Social Media Managers and Content Creators. They will also play a strategic role in setting the vision and direction for the agency for the Social Media Department.
Candidates must have 7+ years of social media experience, preferably with an agency and/or consumer lifestyle company. Strong social media fluency with impressive results, impeccable writing skills, excellent client communication, an eye for great creativity and the ability to motivate team members is a must. Furthermore, you must have experience running social media accounts with a heavy emphasis on content creation, analytics, Tiktok, etc.
- Strategically lead our Social Media team to champion our clients.
- Identify growth opportunities for team members to ensure continuation along desired trajectories at an appropriate pace and with clarity in goals/strengths/shortcomings that require progress.
- Provide recommendations to clients and team members to ensure successful campaign execution.
- Support the growth of the department by working closely with CCO and VP of Business Strategy and Growth on new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Operations Supervisor and VP of Service Delivery to identify opportunities and help craft new processes as the agency grows.
Account Management and Content Creation
- Develop comprehensive social marketing plans using proven strategies for growth.
- Approve content calendars ensuring error-free copy that lines up with target customers, goals, and budget.
- Partner with our design and content team to ensure creative assets are optimized for performance and for each platform.
- Analyze key metrics on a monthly basis and tweak strategy as needed to maximize results.
- Includes brand awareness, audience growth rate, post reach, potential reach, social share of voice, engagement rate, response rate and quality, negative feedback, customer testimonials, and more.
- Top-notch communication and writing skills, with a flair for a good pun and catchy caption.
- Must have experience running social accounts with heavy emphasis on content creation, proven growth tactics, analytics, TikTok, and more.
- Grow social channels by increasing engagement through community outreach.
- Ensure the team is tracking all channels on a daily basis, including monitoring and responding to comments, answering questions, and maintaining relationships with online communities.
Research and Innovation
- Know Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest like the back of your hand - current trends and where they are going. Understand each platform and how to maximize performance on each.
- Coach our team(s) on social content creation best practices.
- Keep up with the latest developments and innovations that will impact our clients (ex. changes in algorithms, new features, policy changes).
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have at least seven (7) years of social media experience, having worked in an agency or in-house position(s).
- Must have experience managing a team of 3 or more people at once.
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience working on multiple accounts at once and ability to properly prioritize projects.
- Creative in approach and ideas to develop the most high-impact programs, creative, and ideas.
- Be a trendsetter and stay current on clients’ industries ensuring they are always relevant.
- Great attention to detail, while being able to prioritize, multi-task and manage up and down.
- Consistently developing strong campaign ideas.
- Provides expert counsel to clients and agency team members across a broad range of topics and disciplines.
- Is proactive in communication with clients to ensure all needs are anticipated and met.
- Comfortable serving as lead social strategist, and a support role to team members on other accounts.
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary depends on experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan
- “Work from where you want” stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Access to Little Italy PeopleHUB and Production Studio in San Diego, CA
- Professional development and learning stipends
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 9 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Raindrop Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation--we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every Raindropper feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Raindrop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.