Houston Endowment (the “Foundation”) seeks a qualified administrative professional to join our team as a Hospitality Coordinator. The Hospitality Coordinator will be responsible for creating a welcoming environment for all guests who visit the premises. This individual will greet and direct visitors, answer incoming calls, and transfer calls to appropriate staff. The Hospitality Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support for meetings and events, including assisting with preparation, execution and clean-up. Other duties include providing general office support and completing a variety of administrative tasks as needed.
- Greets visitors in a friendly, hospitable and professional manner
- Utilizes the Visitor Management System to plan for, check-in and direct guests upon arrival
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs the caller to the appropriate staff member
- Provides callers with information such as the Foundation’s address, directions, website and other general information
- Maintains a neat and professional environment in the main lobby and reception area
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of mail and courier services
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and packages
- Assists staff with reserving conference rooms and/or the engagement space for meetings and events
- Ensures meeting spaces are kept tidy and stocked with necessary supplies and/or refreshments
- Assists with meeting and event preparation such as placing catering orders and printing meeting materials
- Ensures conference rooms are properly cleaned up after the conclusion of a meeting or event
- Provides administrative support across the organization as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We seek a team member with experience in a relevant professional capacity who is enthusiastic about supporting HEI in achieving its mission. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in providing high level customer a nd/or client service and working collaboratively within a team. Specifically, the successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of three years of administrative or front desk experience supporting a team. Bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years of work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and multi-task effectively.
- Punctual and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to work during occasional after-hours and weekend events as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to take initiative and anticipate needs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We believe it is both an honor and a great responsibility to work for Houston Endowment, so we are committed to our values and seek colleagues who share our commitment.
High Performing: We bring our best every day so we:
- Hold high standards and drive for excellence
- Challenge ourselves and show determination in pursuit of our collective goals
- Pursue continuous improvement, even when we have achieved our intended outcomes
- Stay curious to do our best work
Courageous: We know bold action matters so we:
- Hold an audacious vision for what we can accomplish together
- Work proactively, take risks, and make difficult choices when necessary
- Choose optimism, show resilience, and stay engaged in challenging situations
Committed: We care deeply about the organization so we:
- Prioritize and commit to the mission of the organization
- Seek and act on feedback on our work, and devote energy to our own development to be at the top of our field
- Gather diverse perspectives and expertise in service of better results
Connected: We care deeply about each other so we:
- Build relationships with one another to create a highly effective team
- Start with trust, assume others have good intentions, and practice generosity of spirit
- Address issues directly to resolve conflict or misunderstanding
- Embrace inclusion and adapt as appropriate when partnering with others
This is a non-exempt position estimated to work approximately 40 hours per week. Salary will be set in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience. In addition to salary, the candidate will be eligible for the Foundation’s comprehensive employee benefits programs, including health, dental, and vision plans, paid time off, life insurance, short- and long-term disability as well as matching 401(k) and pension retirement plans.
Please visit the Employment page on houstonendowment.com to submit an application.