The IT Helpdesk Technician provides day to day end user technology and desktop support, user account management and related tasks for a progressive non-profit infant through 12th grade school. This person will be the primary point of contact for Help Desk calls and emails with a goal of resolving on first contact or escalating as needed.
Vacaville Christian Schools provides an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and life experience. VCS encourages born again Christians to apply..
Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy throughout daily interactions with students, faculty and parents. Comply with the Statement of Faith, the Christian Role Model Expectations, and the VCS Employee Handbook and be committed to upholding them.
Follow school procedures and policies that are set by the Employer .
Demonstrate and commit to excellent communication with parents, students and faculty to maintain the VCS standard of excellence in aJI areas of performance.
Proficiency in technology resources and application that are necessary for the completion of the job .
Full-time position. Office located at Vacaville Christian Schools in Vacaville, CA. This is a local position in Vacaville, CA and remote applicants will not be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with reasonable accommodation.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, printers/scanners, software, phones and other hardware. Attempt to resolve issues in real time or triage to appropriate resources and follow up as necessary.
- Manage all user account creation, modification, and termination for IT related systems.
- Provide day to day tier 1 support for all computer and phone systems, printers, faxes and academic SIS/LMS
- Manage VCS IT user & device inventory database.
- Keep track of alerts from various security and alert management systems and create tickets to troubleshoot or investigate as needed.
- Assist in development and upkeep of IT documentation procedures and training manuals as needed.
- Manage all tickets in the helpdesk system to provide/ensure appropriate follow up, maintain documentation standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years work experience with support of information systems. Experience working in an Academic setting is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerSchool & Schoology experience is a plus.
- Proven strong experience with Active Directory, Office & Google Platform.
- Experience using and supporting desktop, mobile and server computer hardware.
- Familiarity with local and wide area network operation and troubleshooting .
- Ability to build, support, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of office software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets programs, and communications software, and familiarity with computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, scanners, etc.
- Experience with IT Helpdesk ticketing and inventory management principles.
- Experience managing centralized patch management and antivirus software.
- Ability to analyze complex logical and interpersonal issues.
- Ability to translate technical language to lay audience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce internally, with individuals at all organizational levels, and externally with all customers/clients/vendors/contractors.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills; ability to define/resolve problems.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
EXPECTATIONS: Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and with a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic environment. Must demonstrate commitment to excellence, high standards. Creative problem-solving, analytical and communication skills including but not limited to: demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills: able to conceptualize strategies, manage priorities and workflow. Must provide proof of current driver’s license. Auto insurance and personal transportation are required.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed in a typical office environment with moderate equipment noise.
Compensation range is $23-$26 per hour and will depend on experience. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accident death and dismemberment, retirement with match, paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave available.