The Senior Systems Engineer provides senior consultative services and project work for Professional Services clients and leadership within the Professional Services team. He or she is responsible for designing, implementing, and remedying complex technology solutions in two or more of the following “subject matter expert” areas:
1. Windows Servers: Provides design, project implementation, and high-level troubleshooting for infrastructure, including Windows Server (2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2003, 2000, NT) and virtualization environments on both Hyper-V and vSphere, in addition to Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop.
2. Cloud Technology: Provides architecture, project implementation, and high-level troubleshooting for public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructure, including Azure, AWS, Office 365.
3. Active Directory: Provides design, project implementation, and high-level troubleshooting for Active Directory, including Group Policy, Access/Identity Management, Federation Services, Domain Controllers, etc. for medium to enterprise environments.
4. Networking: Provides architecture, project implementation, and high-level troubleshooting for networking infrastructure, including: Routing, switching, firewalls, WAPs, VPNs, load balancers, etc. in medium to larger LAN/WAN environments, including cloud environments (Azure, Amazon AWS).
5. Exchange/Messaging: Provides implementation, migration, and high-level troubleshooting services for Microsoft Exchange and messaging systems, including Office365.
The Senior Systems Engineer provides highly visible project work and consultation for Managed Solution clients. He or she is responsible for carrying out assigned work in the above functional areas, and any other projects as assigned by a supervisor. Additionally, he or she shall comply with all company policies and maintain strict client confidentiality.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience providing server/desktop support within a Microsoft environment. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skillsets will also be considered.
• High levels of project ownership and individual accountability in a results-oriented environment
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and innovation
• Demonstrated commitment to strong documentation and repeatable standards
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
In addition to Subject Matter Expertise in his or her specialty area, the Senior Systems Engineer should have:
• Strong proficiency in either networking or Office365 migration, administration, and troubleshooting
• Strong proficiency in Windows Server (NT through 2019 preferred) and workstation implementation, administration and troubleshooting
• Strong proficiency in Exchange (2003 through 2019/Online preferred), Hyper-V, Active Directory, and Powershell/VBS, and SharePoint
• Working knowledge of Skype for Business and Office 365 preferred
• Strong proficiency in public/private cloud and virtualization technologies preferred: Azure, AWS, Office 365, VMware
• Functional knowledge of Okta, Public Key Infrastructure, SQL Server, or Linux/Unix/RedHat a plus!
Ability to work a flexible schedule for occasional overnight maintenance, upgrades, etc. For CA applicants a valid CA Drivers’ License and willingness to travel to client sites within the San Diego region is required.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.