Would you like to work for an award-winning organisation* that empowers people to save lives across the world?
Safeguard Medical is a global alliance of leading healthcare organisations, with category-leading devices, ground-breaking SIMBODIES simulations and expert medical training and consultancy services.
First responders all over the world depend on Safeguard. Our medical devices, training and consultancy equip and enable first responders to preserve life in multiple settings: military, emergency services, law enforcement, corporate, industrial, community and for private individuals.
SIMBODIES Manikins are life-like patient simulators, often used by educators and clinicians for medical training purposes.
The function of SIMBODIES is to replicate the look and appearance of the human body; produced using skin safe Prosthetic Grade Silicone, our SIMBODIES feature medical capabilities using the replication of veins, airways, jaws and teeth for added accuracy. They have the look and appearance of genuine human skin, colouring, hair and eyes, all of which enable the student or trainee to experience a truly immersive experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our specialist production facility in Thirsk, where the successful candidate will be an essential team member contributing towards the production of the full range of SIMBODIES products and ensuring that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently within your area of responsibility.
Team members are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at additional cost)
- 3x basic salary life assurance cover
- Enhance employer pension contributions
- 24 paid holiday
- Free onsite company gym (Hereford campus)
*Prometheus Medical Ltd. Part of Safeguard Medical have received 2 Queens Awards for innovation.
- BA (Hons) Fine Arts or Make-up Artistry & Special Make-up Effects or Media Make-up, or Entertainment Design Crafts or similar
- Relevant NVQ or industrial / professional qualification considered
- First Aid Qualification desirable
- Experience of working with silicones - desirable
- Experience of working in the Make up Artist industry or similar - desirable
- Basic knowledge of human anatomy - desirable
- Basic IT skills & basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications - desirable
- Working knowledge and understanding of manufacturing in an ISO environment - desirable