Excelerate Energy is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy. We are focused on providing flexible LNG solutions to emerging markets across the globe and delivering a lesser emitting form of energy to markets that often rely on coal as their primary energy source.
We strive to achieve sustainable results by delivering what we promise and by investing in our people, assets, and technology while promoting a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
We believe our human capital is our most valuable asset. We hire exceptional people who thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Together, we can create a better future by delivering clean energy to the global communities that need it most.
Excelerate Energy seeks a local supply Chain Specialist responsible for all local purchases and Expediting and Logistics of all goods, services, and equipment to ensure on-time delivery of goods to job or project sites, by maintaining schedules regarding transit times, progress and deadlines. Coordinating and monitoring supply chain operations within freight forwarders agents and/or packing companies by coordinating with international buyers, VSI’s, internal users & quality inspection coordinators to coordinate the delivery of material and goods. Analyze and optimize logistical procedures. Review, prepare and route purchase orders. Manage distribution and shipment budgets. Develop processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized. Initiates contact and follow up with vendors for purchased materials to assure on-time delivery based on Purchase Order Terms.
Description of the essential roles, responsibilities and activities expected to be assumed in this position.
- The Supply Chain Specialist needs ensure that the EE Policies, Procedures and Processes are implemented, enforced and, when applicable, developed and improved.
- Monitor and optimize total costs, while respecting the goods or service requirements and delivery criteria.
- Maintain day to day relations with the internal clients on Supply Chain related topics.
- Review, and attentively monitor and enforce compliance of all internal clients and stakeholders with procedures, suggesting procedural improvements to his/her manager
- Demonstrate the ability to identify different areas in the workplace, the risks associated with each and a basic understanding of the regulations
- Monitor and negotiate with local vendors and deliveries associated with local purchases
- Monitor local storage costs in the most diligent and cost-effective levels.
- In charge of the full order cycle and make sure that ordered goods are delivered to the end user
- Work based on priority and criticality of Requisitions for materials or services to be delivered on time to the vessels.
- Negotiates prices, delivery times and payment terms with local vendors and pushing or pulling in orders based on project requirements.
- Collaborate with applicable Supply Chain/Sourcing/Technical teams/Business Management as appropriate to source and launch Request for Quote (RFQ) and support negotiations and final supplier selection to optimize service/product quality, total cost and lead-time.
- Educated in Supply chain Management or with a significant knowledge and experience in the Supply chain area.
- Liaise with the procurement and logistic dept. to follow up on the OS&D process (Overage, shortage or Damage)
- Obtain supplier quotes and forward to Requisitioner with Supply Chain recommendations considering optimal total cost, quality, delivery time, delivery place, Terms & Conditions and risk.
- Management of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Assist with customs clearance issues with agents and obtain needed information.
- Performance cost analysis for transportation using several agents to verify profitability and cost efficiency.
- Track of local POs for proper reception in the system NS and close out activities.
- Keep updated the compliance log: tracking, documentation validity, regular systems update and review, weekly, monthly and KPI reports.
- Work with Logistic and Agents to custom clear and delivered imported goods in country in a compliance way.
- Follow up with Vessel agent and supply Boat regarding local delivery to vessels and terminals
- Educated in Supply chain – (buyer and logistics) or with a significant knowledge and experience in the Supply chain area.
- Strong team spirit and customer service orientation.
- Good Knowledge in Supply chain information systems (ERP)
- Management of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or related field
- Previous buying experience strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills
- Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related discipline from two-year college or university required.
- Strong MS Office skills with Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word.
- Understanding of INCOTERMS.
- Understanding the handling of Dangerous goods material.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain, preferably in Offshore, Oil Service or Marine industry as well as Remote control operations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Required: None
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in assigned location
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.