MeatEater, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Project Manager to assist with marketing efforts across all brands in the organization. Under the direction of the Chief Commercial Officer and with lateral support from the Marketing Manager at MeatEater, the Marketing Project Manager will be based in the MeatEater Bozeman office in order to efficiently identify, coordinate, and execute opportunities to drive commercial product strategy across the greater MeatEater, Inc. organization. This person will champion all of these MeatEater-owned brands and find innovative opportunities to integrate these products into media plans.
The ideal candidate will have experience in guiding and executing a holistic marketing strategy that implements product promotion via multiple sales channels. Working as a servant leader is critical to this role. In addition to being an outstanding communicator with exceptional organizational skills, the ability to collaborate with multiple marketing teams and sales platforms is critical. Must have a proven passion for the outdoor industry. Quickly understanding the MeatEater organization and business model, and the ability to operate and drive results in a start-up environment is critical.
This position is located in Bozeman, MT
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a strategic pulse on the First Lite, FHF, Phelps Game Calls and other brands’ individual marketing strategies and calendars, staying on top of all product launches, marketing messages, etc. Identify areas to best integrate these messages with MeatEater initiatives. Monitor product campaign strategies with data and analytics to ensure accurate targeting and optimal ROI.
- Work closely with brand leaders on a daily basis to remain on top of all fluctuations and moving parts in the commercial project calendar in order to implement all go-to-market product strategies across the organization.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager on a daily basis within the MeatEater office to understand all media and marketing opportunities, identifying opportunities to integrate commercial products as needed or to leverage the MeatEater entity in driving traffic and revenue.
- Work closely with all marketing and ecommerce teams across the MeatEater, Inc organization to consistently brainstorm innovative customer acquisition strategies.
- Prepare accurate reports or summaries of product campaigns, including all relevant results and findings.
- Identify and implement the latest trends within the marketing of D2C brands affecting the hunting industry and broader retail industry.
- Monitor inventory levels, maintain a strong understanding of operations and the supply chain, and ensure product availability aligns with marketing campaigns.
- Understand product seasonality to drive sales in coordination with customer use.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in project management in a sales and/or marketing setting. A combination of both is ideal.
- A highly motivated, flexible, and outgoing personality. Must be comfortable speaking in front of and presenting to large groups of people.
- Proven skills in planning, time management, prioritization, budgeting, problem solving, decision making, and communication - both written and verbal. Acute attention to detail is imperative.
- An ability to travel between Bozeman, MT and Hailey, ID as needed. Ability to relocate, if needed, to Bozeman, MT to be based out of the MeatEater office.
- Knowledge in building and driving product promotions and campaigns by leveraging ambassador relationships, public relations, social media, and other relevant communication channels.
- Familiarity with a D2C organizational setup and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Asana, Slack, and/or other commonly used workflow tools.
- An interest (or passion) for the hunting or outdoor industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in product marketing in a relevant industry.
About MeatEater, Inc.
MeatEater, Inc. is an outdoor lifestyle media and commerce company founded by renowned writer, TV, and podcast personality Steven Rinella. With the belief that a deeper understanding of the natural world enriches all of our lives, MeatEater, Inc. brings together leading influencers in the categories of fishing, hunting, wild foods, and conservation to create premium content and experiences and provide unique apparel and equipment. MeatEater, Inc brands include First Lite, FHF Gear, and Phelps Game Calls.