Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, best-in-class Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management, Threat Hunting and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture, flexible remote work options, as well as generous on-site perks. For the third year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US! Ranking at 2,985 on the Inc. 5000 list for 2021, Binary Defense is proud of its position as the only security firm in Ohio to make the list. The company ranks among the top 100 in Ohio for growth, and in the top 25 in the Northeast Ohio region. At the 2021 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year”, “Best Technology Solution” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense has an open position for an Information Security Engineer. The role is in our Client Services and Support division and the primary responsibility for this position is to support SIEM implementation projects, specifically the data source review, planning and log ingestion phase. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the deployment, configuration, and management of Azure Sentinel instances for our clients.
Information Security Engineer’s responsible for leading client facing projects must have great communication skills and demonstrate intuitive problem solving. This role is perfect for the IT Systems Administrator with a strong, broad technical background, looking to improve their Security skillset.
- Evaluating applications within a client environment and prioritizing critical data sources based on Security value and license impact
- Provide guidance on types of logs/events to collect from devices that will be most useful for security purposes
- Determining best method for log collection and assisting clients with forwarding Security logs to specified SIEM platform
- Satisfy client needs during implementation process
- Participate in weekly project meetings, both internal and client facing
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator to ensure projects stay on track and critical tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Other duties, as assigned by direct manager
- Hands on experience in managing, configuring, and deploying SIEM’s. Experience with Azure Sentinel and/or USM Anywhere in a professional environment is a PLUS.
- Solid foundation of IT knowledge and familiarity with system administration of Windows and various networking technologies.
- Familiarity with a variety of IT systems and their security logs, policies etc.
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge in various areas of information security and their best practices.
- Experience with Query Languages preferably KQL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Consulting work and/or a Customer Service role is a plus.