Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, best-in-class Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management, Threat Hunting and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture, flexible remote work options, as well as generous on-site perks. For the third year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US! Ranking at 2,985 on the Inc. 5000 list for 2021, Binary Defense is proud of its position as the only security firm in Ohio to make the list. The company ranks among the top 100 in Ohio for growth, and in the top 25 in the Northeast Ohio region. At the 2021 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year”, “Best Technology Solution” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense offers competitive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents, a 401k match which vests every payroll, a flexible and remote friendly work environment, as well as training opportunities to expand your skill set (to name a few!). If you’re interested in joining a growing team with great perks, we encourage you to apply!
Binary Defense is searching for a Technical Product Owner to play a key role in executing the product roadmap and bringing the product vision to market. The successful candidate will act as the voice of the customer while working daily with the Scrum Master and Engineering teams to help scope, structure, refine, and execute product deliverables.
The Technical Product Owner will work in concert with the Product Manager and other Product Owners to determine and decompose high-level product needs into executable user stories to achieve desired outcomes and real-world results. The Product Owner will work with the Scrum Master to create, schedule, and execute sprint activities, manage sprint and epic-level product backlogs, and be a source of detailed product knowledge during the execution and delivery phases of product development.
By delivering on product goals, realizing product vision, and ensuring the delivery of continuous value to users, the Technical Product Owner will help our company make the world a safer place for our customers and our partners around the globe who count on Binary Defense every minute of every day.
· Partner and closely collaborate with cross-functional teams in development, support, testing, and marketing to drive products and features from concept to launch in a mission-critical cybersecurity environment.
· Translate product vision, themes, objectives, and desired outcomes into well-defined and atomic product requirements, user stories, and acceptance test criteria that can be executed by engineering and development teams.
· Act as the source of detailed scope and product information during execution and delivery phases to ensure desired outcomes reach the market.
· Prioritize and maintain the backlog for assigned products, balancing the product vision and stakeholder requirements with continuous delivery of user value.
· Participate closely with Product Management in Portfolio Level Planning activities and the vetting of product ideas to achieve desired product outcomes
· Track and refine progress against established business goals and product priorities.
· Work with teams, stakeholders, and SMEs to refine the content of work, acceptance criteria, release plans, deliverables, milestones, measurables, and associated risks and opportunities along the way.
· Work with marketing and sales to define, support, and play a role in executing go-to-market plans and launch activities.
· Define, develop and maintain appropriate metrics and success criteria to measure post-launch product performance and delivered outcomes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar. This is a technical position.
· At least 3 years in a Product Owner role. This is not your first rodeo.
· Strong technical background and able to flourish in the complex world of cybersecurity products and services.
· Pragmatic understanding of what modern Agile principles accomplish, how and why they work, and a deep grasp of how rapidly growing technologies and organizations evolve over time.
· Demonstrated success in decomposing complex product requirements into defined, actionable user stories -- and in creating logically designed iterations and product releases that deliver continuous value to the market over time.
· Proven track record of delivering complex technology solutions with an outcome-based, customer-first mindset.
· Established background in launching enterprise software and services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in iterative development workflows.
· Demonstrated success working in a remote environment with distributed teams across highly technical teams.
· Candidate must be able to obtain legal employment in the US. No visa sponsorship.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills at all times. Without these, you will not be successful in the role.
· Able to dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t” consistently, every time, in all situations.
· Former software development experience at the operating system level is strongly desired
· Able to work closely with engineering and development teams daily and able to advocate for and execute the needs of the product.
· Sharp analytical, innovative, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Able to make continuous forward progress through sometimes competing priorities and comfortable working
· Ability to anticipate, verbalize, and resolve nuanced conflicts in logic, timing, risk, and scope and able to envision multiple solutions to problems.
· Proactive, self-starter with excellent time and project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
· High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
· Not afraid to ask the hard questions in service of the product vision in order to ensure alignment and successful product outcomes.
· Equal parts ambassador and servant-leader: You can engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to foster collaboration – but you will also roll up your sleeves to help your team push a project across the finish line when the time comes.
· Brings a strong toolbox of knowledge, past experiences, and resourcefulness to the table. You understand success, you’ve experienced failure, and you have learned lessons from each situation that allows you to evolve on-the-fly in the face of change.
· Previous experience in and/or strong aptitude for the cybersecurity field
· Experience with EDR, M-EDR, MDR, or SIEM software
· Experience with enterprise software development
Please include a resume and a cover letter with your submission.
The cover letter must include the following elements:
· A three-sentence explanation as to why you are interested in this position.
· A short writing sample on how you would explain “Agile” to your grandmother
Submissions without these elements will not be considered.