Now starting at $19.50!
Our On-Site Drivers transport parts from building to building, as well as to Oelwein and Jesup on a regular basis. This person would drive various kinds of equipment such as a straight truck, forklift, van, or semi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a semi or straight truck forwards, in reverse, and back into dock doors with ease.
- Insure that parts and cabinets are transported safely and to quality standard.
- Delivers parts to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to answer or direct associate’s questions while picking up loads.
- Loads trucks as needed.
- Able to lift, push, and handle freight in truck.
- Obtain a Class A CDL.
- Works overtime on short notice and weekends when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Class A CDL license is needed. Associates will be subject to DOT required random drug and alcohol testing. Successful completion of annual physicals, as required by DOT regulations, is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours).
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in vehicle.
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.