We do for clinicians so they can do for clients.
Lorenz Clinic was founded on the simple idea that we do for clinicians so they can do for clients. As a clinic, we are committed to providing a multi-site, multi-service approach that places our clinicians and clients at the center of the work we do. We are lifelong learners, we are listeners, and we are committed to ensuring our organization is an active part of creating safe spaces for people from all walks of life.
We believe that providing clinicians with a secure base, competitive compensation, flexibility, operational support, and additional benefits is key to our mission of providing quality mental healthcare to those that need it.
At Lorenz Clinic, we have 5 core values that are our guiding principles across the organization:
- Social Obligation
- ReflectionTo learn more, visit www.lorenzclinic.com/join-us
Lorenz Clinic is known for its distinctive approach to child and family psychology that integrates developmental, systemic, experiential and trauma-informed models. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance.
Lorenz Clinic is seeking Licensed Psychologists to add to our growing Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) team! The position is full-time and will provide clinical services in a clinic- and hospital-based (co-located) IBH program in Glencoe, MN. A doctoral degree in psychology and independent licensure is required. Licensed Psychologists report to the Outpatient Program Manager. This position will include carrying a caseload of psychotherapy clients in addition to providing intermittent consultation to primary care physicians. Psychologists with special competency with IBH, children or families as well as bilingual candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Carrying patient caseload as defined by clinic
- The provision of psychological services including conducting diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, psychotherapy, psychological testing, and discharge planning for patients of the clinic
- The provision of clinical and administrative supervision as requested by Training Director
- Attending and participating in monthly case consultation, Grand Rounds, business meetings, and other meetings as required by Clinic
- Compliance with clinic documentation standards
- Compliance with licensing board rules and APA Code of Ethics
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions with staff, patients, and business associates of clinic
- Assisting in intermittent peer reviews of patient files
- Adherence to directives by Leadership Team and other duties as assigned
- A doctoral degree in psychology from an APA accredited academic program
- Full, unrestricted licensure as a psychologist in Minnesota
- Evidence of formal, doctoral-level coursework in clinical supervision
- At least 2 years providing clinical supervision (preferred)
- At least 2 years experience working in integrated care, PCBH, or rural settings (preferred)
- Formal training in family therapy (preferred)
- Previous experience operating within managed care provider networks (preferred)
- Flexibility to meet when patients are available to meet (usually requires one or two evenings)
- Ability to consistently carry a full-time caseload as defined by the clinic
- Well-defined psychotherapeutic and supervisory theoretical orientations that are based on science
- Ability to utilize empirically-validated treatment models based on best professional practices and standards
- Strong clinical acumen
- Ability to conduct and supervise psychological testing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to provide services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, groups, or families
- Ability to respect diversity and integrate issues of culture into case conceptualizations
- Ability to engage with patients who may be ambivalent about treatment
- Ability to adapt interventions to patients’ strengths, skills, and developmental levels
- Commitment to empowering patients to solve their own problems when necessary
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits for best practice
- Ability to comply with clinic documentation standards
- Working knowledge of Child Protective Services reporting requirements
- Ability to become credentialed with Medicare within 180 days of hire
Covid-19 and Lorenz Clinic
Lorenz Clinic follows all local, state and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions. Unless exempt for medical or religious reasons, all staff are required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination including booster, if eligible.