Purpose: To ensure adequate stock and timely reorders of merchandise for all channels.
Location: WFH/ Remote friendly.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Associate Planner, Merchandise will play a key role in maintaining optimal inventory levels of Meow Wolf products sold within our exhibits and online. The position will be responsible for sales and inventory reporting, unit level planning, allocations and replenishment of merchandise products.
As Associate Planner, you will analyze stock to sales ratios, develop forecasts, identify reorder needs, and drive purchasing decisions for multiple locations. You will set-up and maintain product data in various merchandising systems and will run reporting for sales history, SKU efficiency, and sell through to identify trends and make data-based recommendations. The Associate Planner will have a quantitative focus, collaborating with Merchandise and Retail stakeholders to drive results. The ideal candidate will thrive within Meow Wolf’s fast-paced, community-oriented start-up culture and enjoy being part of an ever-evolving team.
It’s one thing to create mind blowing experiences and products, it’s another to continue to deliver on them and ensure the customer journey is complete. This position plays a key role in making sure our products are available to our visiting Meow Wolf fans.
How you will do it…
- You will generate and analyze sales and inventory reports to determine replenishment needs.
- You will plan and forecast future merchandise buys based on historical data.
- You will develop SKU level forecasts and convert to buy plan for purchase with suppliers.
- You will analyze and plan stock transfers to optimize inventory levels across multiple locations.
- You will input and maintain product data in various merchandising systems.
- You will regularly prepare reports and dashboards to provide activity data to stakeholders.
- You will provide reporting for P&L analysis, quarterly revenue shares, and presentations as needed.
- You will develop analysis to evaluate business metrics such as inventory turnover and OTB.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role…
- You bring 3+ years’ experience with inventory management or merchandise planning in a related field.
- You bring 3+ years’ experience in merchandise forecasting, planning, and analytics.
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to report, organize, and maintain data.
- Highly analytical with the ability to interpret meaningful trends from data.
- Ability to translate data into visually appealing dashboards and reports.
- Experience with retail and inventory systems, purchasing software, ERP systems.
- Possess a clear understanding of retail measurements (e.g. rate of sale, weeks of supply, etc.).
- Strong time management skills to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with multiple inputs.
It would be nice to have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Disciplines, Supply Chain, Merchandising, or related fields.
- Experience with Square for Retail, Woo Commerce, or Airtable.
- Experience in the entertainment retail industry.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You will use MS Excel and Google Sheets to form calculations and analyze data.
- You will utilize Square for Retail and inventory management systems.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This is a full-time position, averaging 40 hours a week –Monday to Friday.
- This position has flexibility to work remotely from home.
- Limited travel may be required for this position.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will get to know Meow Wolf by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Immersiversity.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s Employee Handbook.
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders?
- Exceptional communicator with solid relationship building skills?
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Analytical with the ability to organize, maintain and interpret data?
- Adept at learning new inventory systems and web-based tools?
- Experienced with Excel spreadsheets and large sets of data?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.