Summary of Position:
The Retail Coordinator will assist in calling on retail grocery stores in support of the store donation program. Assist in educating and training store personnel (meat, deli, dairy, bakery, and produce managers, receivers, and store managers) on their program’s donation guidelines. Attend store meetings and store training sessions. Monitor and report donation progress to store managers, district managers and program coordinators where applicable. Identify opportunities at store level to source more food. Work with Agency Relations team to manage the agency-retail partnership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify stores by retail account and build plans to grow donations.
- Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan
- Create a store donation toolkit for each retail chain, to be used when visiting stores
- Create and maintain a key contact data base
- Become familiar with blue receipt process for national donors
- Assist with preparing Feeding America’s reports
- Communicates/corresponds with Feeding America’s representatives
- Assist with the preparation, assembly, and delivery of reporting data for donors and Feeding America
- Work with Agency Relations to manage the process for agencies participating in the Store Donation Program
- Work with Drivers and Warehouse staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines
- Provides personal follow up or recognition for retailers
- Participate in and support all Food Bank functions/special events
- Responsible for implementing the Food Bank’s comprehensive food safety program, ensuring compliance with AIB, USDA, and Feeding America standards.
- Associates degree and/or comparable experience in sales and marketing to retail customers
- Experience in the retail grocery, food manufacturing, or food distribution industry preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional suite and database
- Experience in safety and compliance in food distribution industry preferred
- Strong External Customer Focus
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills/Relationship building
- Willingness to travel
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to process information through a computer system.
- Ability to talk and hear to communicate with diverse constituents and staff.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to use hands to handle or feel items such as documents.
- Close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus is needed.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee responsibilities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.