All functional areas throughout the enterprise.
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle seller of every type and size.
The Impel IT Team manages systems, networking, and support for internal employees. As a technician, you will analyze, diagnose, and resolve user incidents ranging from simple to troubleshooting complex system issues. You will work with the IT Manager to design systems and infrastructure, maintain the network, and support offices in Syracuse, NYC, and Tbilisi as well as remote employees.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Provide troubleshooting and support for internal employees
- Document issues and steps taken to resolve
- Systems administration
- Workstation configuration, deployment, and support
- Office and conference room equipment deployment and support
- Network configuration and support
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
- Ability to successfully work independently and productively
- Effectively work cross-functionally with a wide range of people
- Ability to multitask projects
- Work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively
- Learn quickly and adapt to change
- A Jack of all trade’s mentality
The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years’ experience working in an IT role. Experience supporting Windows, macOS, common office applications and equipment, and remote employees’ offices. Experience supporting Linux and Google Workspace preferred. Strong communication (verbal and written) to build relationships with employees and vendors. A College degree and IT certifications will be a bonus.