Northwest Classical Academy seeks a part-time After School Program Assistant. The After School Program Assistants monitor students and conduct the After School Program under the direction of the ASP Coordinator. Candidates are expected to have high moral character and support the mission of the school. The ASP Assistants will create a structured, safe, and secure environment for students between 3:00pm and 6:00pm Monday through Friday. This position would report to the ASP Coordinator on the Kennesaw campus.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the ASP Coordinator in developing and implementing a structured program of activities for students who remain on campus after school.
- Organize, monitor, and lead various student activities, including but not limited to games, sports, quiet study time, and snack.
- Oversee student behavior and discipline in a manner consistent with the school’s mission to develop students of character and virtue.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with elementary school students, preferably in a physical education setting or after school program.
- Ability to adhere to the school’s dress code as outlined in the employee handbook is required.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a new, public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-8 for the 2022-2023 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”