Purpose: To lead and manage Meow Wolf’s efforts to be a welcoming, diverse and inclusive workplace.
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
Are you a passionate diversity professional with experience planning and executing cross-cultural programs? Meow Wolf is seeking an energized and talented Director of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) to partner with Meow Wolf’s Impact and Human Resources teams in leading, developing and implementing strategies that support Meow Wolf’s IDEA philosophies. The Director of IDEA is a multifaceted role that leads IDEA strategies throughout the company including; talent acquisition, sourcing, employee relations, learning and development, impact, and leadership development. This role will drive diverse, equitable and inclusive employee experiences which create a culture of belonging, through implementation of global strategies and creating a roadmap for our commitments.
You will develop and implement strategic inclusion and diversity initiatives, thereby enhancing Meow Wolf’s culture of equitability and belonging.
How you will do it…
- Develop, refine and implement the IDEA framework that supports Meow Wolf’s growing business and employees.
- Create a roadmap and plan for IDEA, and develop benchmarks and metrics for tracking and reporting.
- Drive an inclusive and diverse work environment by providing strategies, knowledge and experience that develops and retains a diverse workforce.
- Work closely with company leadership, Human Resources and the Social Impact team, as well as team members of all levels to review and implement strategies.
- Partner with hiring managers, talent acquisition, and recruitment teams to develop and implement programs and partnerships that attract, retain and promote an inclusive workforce.
- Partner with the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition teams to align resources that will champion and support inclusive and accessible recruitment strategies centered around the local communities in which we are established.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on training, engagement and development opportunities that support diversity, equity, and inclusion among employees.
- Develop leadership training programs that empower our leaders to serve as active and engaging mentors in our IDEA journey.
- Organize and encourage employee involvement with social impact projects while also build consensus and influence management decisions.
- Implement and manage impactful learning experiences that aligns to the Meow Wolf IDEA strategy.
- Produce and monitor metrics for measuring the success of our IDEA strategy.
- Oversee social impact projects and associated tasks
To be successful in this role…
- You bring 5+ years of recent experience managing DEI programs, particularly in a corporate environment or B corporation.
- You possess a strong acumen of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging concepts with proven and demonstrated. track record of leading initiatives and programs.
- You have experience managing and teaching teams.
- You express excellent verbal and written communication, particularly to varied audiences.
- You bring expert presentation and facilitation skills to the table, both in person and virtually
- You bring excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- You possess the ability to assess and identify organizational strengths as well as areas of needed development and improvement.
- You have a strong understanding of the Meow Wolf brand and supported philosophies.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of leadership models & styles, organizational development, and performance management.
The Director of IDEA should ideally:
- Embrace and exemplify the Meow Wolf culture.
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest/client experience.
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change.
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times.
- Be a “People Person” - friendly, compassionate, and caring.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM and a company laptop will be provided.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to travel or to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf’s Immersiversity.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
· Respect for Creative Communities
· Respect for Collaborating Artists
· Respect for our Environment
· Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks. Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.