JOB TITLE: Teacher, (6th - 8th), Monolingual (English) and/or Bilingual (English/Spanish)
FLSA STATUS: Salaried - Overtime Ineligible - 10 month position.
LOCATION: Charter School
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a high quality, comprehensive, and appropriate instructional curriculum program to assigned grade/subject level and maintain positive classroom management.
Legend: E = Essential NE = Non Essential N/A = Not Applicable
BILINGUAL POSITIONS MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE DUTIES LISTED BELOW IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH:
- Prepare and implement lessons driven by Common Core Standards and curriculum *. E
- Administer formal and informal assessments and analyze results to drive instruction and differentiation *. E
- Collaborate with colleagues including grade level members, Special Education staff, ESL teacher, and administrators to provide appropriate support for student learning and achievement. E
- Ensure curriculum reflects the most current best practices in teaching ESL students. E
- Attend meetings and professional development activities, as required. E
- Establish and maintain good communication, collaboration, and cooperation with all parents, co-workers, etc. E
- Follow all duties of a mandated reporter. E
- Perform other related duties, as assigned. NE
- Be a team player! E
*Bilingual position incorporate curriculum and assessments in English and Spanish.
REPORTS TO: Administrator
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in classroom and school environments. Infrequent local/state-wide travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or closely related field from an accredited University or College.
- Valid WI DPI License in applicable area and /or range or ability to obtain a License with Stipulation (Emergency License).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Required for bilingual positions.
- Neat orderly person with great organizational skills.
- Must be a “People Person” with a great disposition and outlook on life, who enjoys working with others, is upbeat and pleasant to work with and is a good listener.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, written and verbal
- Must pass all background checks.
****La Causa, Inc. requires all individuals working to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19****