STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Brewery Technician
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
REPORTS TO: Brewmaster
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: 4/10 hr shifts/week
The primary role of the Brewer is to ensure the highest standards of quality, sanitation and food safety are met in the handling and use of raw materials, brewhouse operations, and data tracking. The end consumer is never far from the Brewery Technician’s mind. Advocating for the consumer drives and informs their day to day actions and decisions.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- Sensory evaluation of fermenting and finished product
- Brewery Cleanliness
- Brewery Equipment Maintenance
- With Brewmaster, work to continuously improve quality at HenHouse Brewing Company
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- CIPs on tanks (FVs and BBTs)
- Harvesting yeast
- Temperature and pressure management of tanks
- Milling and mashing operations
- Vorlauf, lautering and sparging operations
- Boiling, whirlpooling and Knockout operations
- Sanitation and Maintenance of Brewhouse and associated equipment
- Maintenance and use of Chemical titration kits, pH and PAA test strips, CBOX meter, DMA2 meter and pH meter.
- Follow Policies outlined in the quality manual, GMP policy, MSS, and Hazard communication plan
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and understanding of all brewery processes and operations (reactions taking place, purpose, frequency, desired outcome, critical control points, corrective action etc.) related to:
- Ingredient handling and storage
- Wort production
- Fermentation management
- Packaging operations
- Monitor wort streams for gravity, pH and sensory
- Monitor process waters for pH and sensory
- Monitor brewing ingredient fitness for use and sensory
- Adjustment of processes, volumes and ingredients in order to meet production specifications.
- Work with Brewmaster, Director of Quality and production staff to continuously improve beer quality and efficiencies of operations.
- Perform daily gravities and pH readings
- Carbonation and O2 readings on BBTs/FVs
- Sensory evaluation of ingredients (Hops, malt, yeast, water)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment with a focus on customer service-based problem solving
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with co workers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, dependability and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Honesty and integrity – display the highest standards of and ethical conduct personally and professionally
- Proven effective time management, productivity and prioritization skills
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Committed to excellence, goal oriented and driven/accountable to meet objectives/goals – wants to make a difference and contribute positively to company success
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is ready to work with a “can do” attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Accountability – accepts responsibility for behavior; and starting, controlling and completing tasks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two years of experience in a beverage manufacturing environment is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual, verbal and written, (Spanish), preferred
- Proof of vaccination is required for employment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Position is hourly. HenHouse offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You'll get to work in a fun, fast and stoked work environment. Benefits include: paid time off (PTO), and more!
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Talk or hear; Taste or smell; Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more);
Occasionally: Climb or balance;
Vision: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Regularly: Wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Work near moving mechanical parts;
Frequently: Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or caustic chemicals;
Occasionally: Work in high, precarious places; Extreme heat (non-weather);
Noise level: Loud
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI)
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.