Marketing Services Intern (Unpaid)
Field Forward stipends are available. To learn more, including application deadlines, please visit: CountryMusicHallofFame.org/Internships.
Company Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum documents and interprets the history of country music—a musical genre and culture central to the identity of the city, the state, and the nation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the Museum proudly combines subject expertise, ambitious research, and preservation of an unparalleled collection with expressions of creativity in music, art, and history. The Museum collects artifacts that illustrate the evolving history and traditions of country music and provides diverse learning opportunities through educational programs, publications, and exhibitions. The core exhibit follows the story of country music from its folk beginnings through its evolution as a commercial art form. Rotating exhibits examine a broad range of topics, from country classics to contemporary and emerging artists in American Currents. The Museum owns Hatch Show Print, a letterpress print shop opened in 1879, and it operates Historic RCA Studio B, where Elvis Presley and many others recorded.
Departmental Overview: The Marketing Department manages the marketing, promotional, digital, and music and media licensing needs of the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum to ensure that best-of-class marketing practices are applied and institution branding standards are met to support the many goals, objectives, and audiences of the Museum and its additional properties.
Internship Overview: The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum offers internships that advance the educational goals of the student as well as the Museum’s mission. Field Forward stipends are available. To learn more, including application due dates, please visit: CountryMusicHallofFame.org/Internships.
Internships are designed for a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks with consideration given to individual university requirements. Additional adjustments to the 12-week, 20-hour schedule will be at the discretion of the internship supervisor. Educational programs which operate on a quarterly basis will be accommodated. Motivated students who are seeking hands-on experiences in a team-oriented environment will find excellent opportunities at the Museum.
The Marketing Department intern will gain experience in various areas of marketing at the Museum: research and data, marketing and advertising, partnerships and promotions, media buying, and digital marketing. The intern will gain familiarity with the elements of a successful marketing plan for Museum exhibits and events, best practices for a marketing department, key marketing metrics and data, and how the Marketing Department interacts and collaborates with other Museum departments.
Specific Internship Duties Include:
Research and Data:
- Research current marketing, public relations, and digital trends
- Assist in writing and implementing surveys
- Support data entry and analysis projects
- Learn how to analyze data to inform marketing decisions using analytics tools
Marketing and Advertising:
- Contribute to the creation of marketing plans
- Participate in Marketing Department meetings
- Assist with budget related processes
Partnerships and Promotions:
- Support Marketing team in the execution and fulfillment of community and industry partner promotions
- Conceptualize potential marketing partnerships with other organizations
- Monitor website(s) for quality and consistency in design, content, and user experience
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Support the Marketing team in executing digital campaigns including SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, and more
- Currently enrolled, credit-seeking, and/or degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student
- Applicants seeking a degree or completing course work in marketing, communications, or a related field
Key Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to work independently and should possess good organizational, computer, and written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with social media and website management (WordPress) is a plus
Conditions of Internship:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including minimal weekends and evenings
- Lift 25 lbs. or less
Notes to Applicant:
- Please upload a resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the varied attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person unique, and we believe that fostering a culture of inclusion is essential to institutional excellence. The Museum promotes an environment of respect, communication, and understanding, while actively seeking opportunities to learn about and establish practices that further facilitate equity. The Museum does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We are a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all qualified candidates to apply for open positions. The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its staff and visitors. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment verification, including federally mandated E-verify processes, as required for position.
- Due to the high volume of applications received for internships, hiring managers may only contact you if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from calling to inquire about your status in the search.
- Visit CountryMusicHallofFame.org/Internships for further details about the application process, including important deadlines.
- Applications are only accepted online on our career page: CountryMusicHallofFame.org/Employment.