Engrain is transforming the way people find, lease, and manage properties. A recognized leader in next-generation touring technology and map-based data visualization software, Engrain’s products boast advanced integrations and technical flexibility for any real estate technology stack. We amplify the user experience and influence the bottom line for property managers, builders, developers, and owners of real estate. A nearly 80 billion dollar industry, multifamily real estate spans over 150k locations in the United States alone. Engrain’s 5% market share, with virtually no direct competitors, is an indicator of the available exponential growth planned in the coming years.
As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our growth while contributing to a fun and energetic company culture. The position reports to our Controller and will be responsible for supporting the preparation of our internal and external monthly, quarterly, and YTD financial statements for our Board of Directors, lenders, investors, and senior management. This role offers the unique opportunity to participate in managing the annual financial audit while working in a dynamic and high-growth technology startup environment. This high-impact role requires a passionate candidate with a team-first attitude.
Who you are...
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with a passion for teamwork and troubleshooting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment
What you'll do...
- Support the financial and management reporting function including the creation of periodic financial statements, footnotes, and executive-level presentations
- Actively participate in monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations
- Assist with process improvements to streamline routine operational and reporting tasks to shorten our close cycle
- Assist with researching accounting issues including the ability to research accounting literature, establish a position, draft supporting memorandum and obtain auditor acceptance
- Work closely with the external auditors on planning, completion, and filing of required reports and supporting schedules
What you offer us…
- 5+ years of financial accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task / adapt to multiple demands and deliver high-quality work in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative
- Prior experience in SaaS or other high-growth tech companies preferred
- Public accounting background and/or audit experience is a plus
- Active CPA or on a CPA license track is a plus
- Experience with SaaSOptics, NetSuite, Salesforce, and/or Google Workspace suite preferred
What we offer you...
- Salary Disclosure for Colorado: minimum base salary of $80,000 - $90,000. Final offer amount is determined by factors including years and depth of candidate’s experience, certifications, and skill set alignment to the job requirements
- 100% coverage of employee’s health, dental and vision insurance with basic plan
- 2-10 weeks of paid parental leave + additional paid and unpaid leave options
- Up to 18 days annually of PTO & 8 holidays per year
- Dog-friendly office
- 401k match up to 4 percent
- Annual stipend for personal growth through our Grow450 program
- On-site amenities including a professional fitness center, flexible & modern workspace, coffee bar, happy hour taps & team member lounge
Engrain's Values - Our success is built upon...
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.