Bierman Autism Centers is looking for a center-based, full-time Diagnostician to join our motivated and energetic team to conduct diagnostic evaluations for children who may have autism. The diagnostician will be responsible to implement the assessment process from beginning to end and independently provide diagnostic and developmental assessments for prospective clients.
Bierman Autism Centers specializes in providing early intensive behavioral intervention in a center-based model with a multi-disciplinary approach. Our core purpose is to fuse science and learning to accelerate progress and transform lives. Our approach focuses on naturalistic play to teach foundational skills our kids can build on. We continually challenge ourselves to do anything it takes to enable our kids to reach their potential on their terms.
Candidates may work as part-time or full-time employees or as an independent contractor
- Conduct autism spectrum assessment, analyze and interpret data, write evaluation reports, and review results with families.
- Design and implements parent support sessions that meets both individual and group needs for parents of newly diagnosed children.
- Design and implements parent and sibling groups for current clients.
- Consults with parents concerning the needs of client as required.
- Compile, maintains, and file all reports, and other documents as required.
- Assists in the selection of assessment materials and equipment.
- Articulate the company’s mission and goals in the area of assessment services to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of other experienced individuals, including BCBAs, Occupational Therapists, and Speech and Language Pathologists.
- Education: PhD or PsyD in Psychology
- Licensure with the state of Arizona as a Psychologist
- Willingness to get licensed in other states, if applicable
- HSPP endorsed
- BCBA-D preferred with current certification
- At least 1 year of experience diagnosing ASD; Postdoctoral experience may be included
- Qualified candidates will have experience administering various diagnostic measures to diagnose or rule out autism
- Proficiency in the following instruments: ADOS-2, CARS, GARS-2
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Interest in conducting and disseminating research with at least one publication
- Must be able to travel primarily in assigned region during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight can be required
Basic & Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift and carry clients who are least 30 pounds
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements in the course of working with children with challenging behavior
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures including kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling, sitting, standing, bending, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk and run to chase clients and maintain a three-foot distance at all times
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication though computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Must be able to take written data and transfer to electronic files or data base systems
- Must be able to maintain prolonged periods of working on a computer while sitting at a desk
Pay is competitive and based on candidate qualifications and experience. Full-time employees will be offered our comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, 401k, insurance (health, dental, and vision), and the option of Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
Bierman Autism Centers values diversity in the workplace. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry, or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Bierman Autism Centers is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bierman Autism Centers does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as a candidate for employment, please inform a member of the Talent Acquisition team.