Bierman Autism Centers is looking for a full-time and center-based Diagnostician to join a motivated and energetic team focused on transforming the lives of children diagnosed with autism while building a fun and creative culture at work. You will be committed and focused on helping parents and their child grow on their terms. You will constantly challenge yourself to gain new skills, try new methods and adapt to be better to help each child. Our one-on-one approach is focused on natural play to teach foundational skills our kids can build on, such as self-advocacy and communication. Every child’s success is unique! We continually challenge ourselves to do anything it takes to enable our kids to reach their potential on their terms.
Fun and Challenging Responsibilities for our Diagnostician:
- Receive client referrals and implement the assessment process from start to finish, including writing the assessment report and reviewing the results with families
- Designs and implements parent support sessions that meets both individual and group needs for parents of newly diagnosed children
- Designs and implements parent and sibling groups for current clients
- Consults with parents concerning the needs of client as required
- Compiles, maintains, and files all reports and other documents as required
- Assists in the selection of assessment materials and equipment
- Articulates the company’s mission and goals in the area of assessment services to the community and solicits its support in realizing the mission
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of other experienced individuals, including other BCBAs, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists
What Can We Offer You as a Diagnostician?
- Comprehensive Benefits: Offered for full-time employees. This includes: PTO, Holiday Pay, 401k, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, HSAs, FSAs, and so much more!
- Competitive Pay: Pay is based on candidate qualifications and experience.
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities: We host on-site trainings, student supervision, tuition reimbursement, and student loan assistance, career path opportunities and more.
- Be a Part of a Great Team: You’ll be part of a passionate, empathetic, and supportive team. We host optional engagement events throughout the year such as Spirit Weeks, Pajama Days, Trivia Nights, Monthly Wellness Competitions and more!
Requirements and Qualifications for a Diagnostician:
- Licensed Psychologist
- BCBA-D preferred with current certification
- Interest in conducting and disseminating research with at least one publication
- Qualified candidates will enjoy working with children, demonstrate excellent communication skills, be well organized, flexible, patient, and dependable. They will be highly motivated, naturally take initiative, be willing to learn, remain curious, and look to make a larger, positive impact
- Must be able to lift, transport, and chase clients (minimum of 30 pounds) as needed
- Travel is primarily in assigned region during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight can be required
- If outside of Arizona, must be willing to travel to Arizona centers a few times a month
- May hold authorization through PSYPACT to practice in PSYPACT states
Apply today! We can’t wait to review your application and for you to join our team!
By submitting your application to Bierman, you are opting into receiving communications from Bierman.
Bierman Autism Centers values diversity in the workplace. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Bierman is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bierman does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as a candidate for employment, please inform a member of the Talent Acquisition team.