An energetic, up-beat professional, skilled at swooping in and putting everyone at ease
An encouraging, flexible collaborator for whom making people feel important comes naturally
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our nursing team is dynamic and supportive; not only caring for the patients and friends and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
Here's how you'll be caring.
- To honor your patient's wishes and help them achieve their goals
- To allow patients to leave this world with dignity
- In close collaboration with other disciplinary teams, you will be actively supporting quality care and assist in improving the lives of others
- Enjoy friendly interactions as you join forces to make good things happen
Each day. Essential functions.
- To empower, educate and coordinate all care details of your hospice patients
- To calm, soothe and empathize with the strong emotions our patients and families are experiencing
- To motivate and encourage a team of healthcare professionals in providing the best care possible to each and every patient
- To address pain, comfort and manage symptoms in heroic ways
- Collaborate on cases, involvement in interdisciplinary meetings, training and development and other organizational activities
- Assist with the management of clinical notes, health records, and systems to ensure appropriate and accurate data
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Generous Health and Wellness Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, EAP and company paid Life Insurance
- Robust PTO and time off program
- Educational Support (based on eligibility)
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Car lease program
- Flexible work schedules
Our ideal candidate.
- BSN, Associate Nursing Degree, or a diploma from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid California Registered Nursing License
- Minimum one year experience in nursing (one year hospice experience preferred)
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision, ability to organize and prioritize workload independently
- Excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use a computer, prior electronic medical record (EMR) experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA driver’s license, with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state requirements
- Is open to an occasional flexible schedule to work evenings or weekends
- Is comfortable being mobile and can travel weekly throughout the Placerville and surrounding territory
Come join us in the heart work of Caring and Collaboration!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.