Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is seeking a Supportive Housing Supervisor to supervise and support the day-to-day functions of the Service Coordinator II’s located in the VHA supportive housing portfolio. This position will facilitate weekly coordination meetings with Service Coordinator II’s, Property Management, and third-party case managers.
What you'll do
- Understands and implements best practices in the housing first model of supportive housing.
- Provides supervision and support to the Service Coordinator II’s.
- Identifies and helps facilitate trainings for Service Coordinator II’s and partners staff.
- Facilitates coordination meetings between external service partners, Service Coordinator II’s and property management focusing on creating a team atmosphere where everyone is working together to help tenants.
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to all client information.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, vendors, and other work related contacts.
What we offer
- Starting pay rate is $58,152.00 - $61,059.00 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt salaried position working.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee. Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ direct service experience.
- Experience in housing first supportive housing preferred.
- Experience in a Supervisor role preferred.
- Knowledge regarding property management functions a plus.
- Experience working with low income, diverse populations preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources in Clark County a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
A cover letter and resume are required when applying for this position. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.