Full-Service Industrial & Commercial Roofing
Come join the Official Roofing Contractor of the Tennessee Titans. We are currently seeking to hire for several positions with our company. Our 6 core values are Accountable, Hungry, Humble, Customer-Focused, Innovative, and Smart. These are the bloodline of Rackley Roofing Companies. If you share the values, you belong in our Company. We hire based on our values, regardless of experience. This is just one of the many reasons we are different from most roofing companies. We understand as a company that if you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. If you want to be part of something special and don't have the experience, Rackley understands that everyone has to start somewhere. If you share our core values, make the smart choice to join our great group of people at Rackley Roofing.
This role is responsible for performing daily general accounting functions to support the preparation of accurate financial statements and execution of accounting processes related to invoicing, collections, payables, payroll, taxes, and account reconciliations as directed. The position will ensure that necessary journal entries are prepared and posted accurately and on a timely basis.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Prepare and transmit invoices in accordance with contracts.
- Maintain correspondence with customers for collection of receivables, post collections properly to jobs and the G/L.
- Preparation of monthly entries, cash records, and account analysis.
- Analyze and reconcile key accounts in the general ledger.
- Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are followed. Assist in the revision of policy and procedures as needed or as the result of internal or external reviews.
- Assist in completion of annual financial audits by the company’s outside auditors
- Collaborate with operational and administrative staff to ensure maintain and analyze accurate job costing records and reporting
- Define and implement continuous improvement of financial and operational processes to enhance the effectiveness of accounting processes, and accuracy of reported financial results.
- Assist in efforts to develop and deploy new systems designed to improve the effectiveness of accounting and financial operations as directed.
- Competent in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Must be flexible, self-starter, change-oriented, self-motivated team player
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience is required.
- Construction/Contracting experience preferred.