A caring professional, skilled at coordinating care and helping to put everyone at ease
An encouraging, flexible collaborator for whom making people feel important comes naturally
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our nursing team is dynamic and supportive; not only caring for the patients and friends and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
Here's how you'll be caring.
- To honor your patient's wishes and help them achieve their goals
- To allow patients to leave this world with dignity
- In close collaboration with other disciplinary teams (including admissions), you will be actively supporting quality and timely care and assist in improving the lives of others
- Enjoy meaningful interactions with your patients and families
- Plan and organize the best hospice care to meet the needs of the patients and families within their homes and communities
Each day. Essential functions.
- Assess patient and family needs, develop, and implement care plans, and maintain medical records.
- Support the transition from day shift staff to night on call staff including helping patients who are experiencing acute symptoms.
- Perform nursing treatment including pain and symptom management
- Perform assessment of patient's emotional status and needs of the family/caregiver
- support the family or caregivers in understanding medication administration, how to provide care to the patient, and emotional support during this challenging time
- To motivate and encourage a team of healthcare professionals in providing the best care possible to each patient
- Provide healthcare education to patients and family regarding pain and symptom management
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions in collaboration with Inter-Disciplinary team members
- Maintain accurate and detailed healthcare records
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family, and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique, and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Generous Health and Wellness Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, EAP and company paid Life Insurance
- Robust PTO and time off program
- Educational Support (based on eligibility)
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Car lease program
- Flexible evening/night work hours
Our ideal candidate.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree, Associate Nursing Degree, or a diploma from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid California Registered Nursing License
- Minimum one (1) year nursing experience in an acute care setting. Hospice experience preferred. Home health experience a plus
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision, ability to organize and prioritize workload independently
- Excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use a computer, prior electronic medical record (EMR) experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA driver’s license, with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state requirements
- Must be able to work nights and evenings
- Is comfortable being mobile and can travel weekly throughout the Sacramento and surrounding area
Come join us in the heart work of Caring and Collaboration!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.