Do you have experience with PLC programming and like working with electrical diagrams and blueprints? PURIS wants to talk with YOU about growing with us!
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
PURIS offers competitive wages, our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
The PLC / Automation Technician must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times.
In addition, PLC / Automation Technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the maintenance/troubleshooting/etc. of the facility’s PLC and HMI controls systems, including logic/programming.
- Maintain the plants Data Historian including programming trend reporting
- Assist the E&I tech in troubleshooting of VFDs, including parameter settings
- Responsible for basic PLC programing changes as required by equipment additions or process changes.
- Oversee the facility’s Production and Admin Networks, and coordinate all install/maintenance/etc. with PURIS third-party providers that are responsible for the uninterrupted operation of those Networks
- Utilize Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Strategies on the facility’s process controls system to support process uptime
- Develop corrective & preventative action plans to address common PLC and comm cabling issues
- Provide detailed documentation of executed work for analysis of future work and continuous improvement, and update existing documentation to reflect all changes
- Develop and maintain updated PLC and HMI design standards for new installations that meet existing and future growth needs
- Assist in the training of operations teams to troubleshoot low voltage component failures and program logic to ensure that they are capable of maintaining systems with minimum supervision
- Develops new control concepts as required
- Use CMMS to accurately and in detail record work that has been performed on a daily basis.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of Industrial experience with PLC programing and troubleshooting experience
- Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of VFDs, Motors/Wiring configurations, Control Valves, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance
- Strong skills with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules
- Able to understand and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams, P&IDs, and manufacturer’s installation manuals
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Leadership and project management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills; able to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CMMS
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Able to work on-call as required
- Experience in a food production facility
- A two-year Associates Degree in an electrical training program related to Instrumentation and Controls, or equivalent, and/or 2-5 years of education in Electronics or Industrial Electricity
- IT Networking Experience
- Proficiency in eMaint
- Experience with Studio5000 or Logix5000 platform hardware and software, FactoryTalk ME & SE, Ethernet/IP Control Network
- Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. on occasion
- Must be able to work comfortably and safely at heightened platforms
- Must be able to run cleaning equipment and be comfortable working with cleaning supplies
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.