Are you a collaborative and experienced analytics leader who thrives working in a fast-paced environment? Are you excited by the idea of using your data, translation, and project management skills to help progressive causes put more funding behind their mission?
Avalon is a full-service direct marketing fundraising consulting agency, and we are looking for a Vice President of Analytics to lead Avalon in establishing and maintaining cutting-edge analytical products and deliverables for our non-profit clients. This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to lead a team of dedicated, fun, and passionate analytics and data management professionals while keeping your finger on the pulse of analytics offerings and trends and how they are shaping nonprofit fundraising strategy.
As a company, equity and inclusion are in our DNA. We were founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. We encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are also pleased to offer a remote-first work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
What You'll Do with Us
- Manage department priorities, strategy, budget, and revenue.
- Anticipate, identify, recommend, and prioritize new reporting needs based on changing industry dynamics, and work with team to develop reports that enable Avalon to track, analyze, and interpret data from new fundraising channels and evolving direct marketing strategies.
- Lead and oversee campaign and donor level work for the Analytics department.
- Develop and manage workplan; assigning projects and rebalancing workload as needed.
- Develop project scope and deliverable pricing.
- Represent Avalon at conferences, author articles advancing Avalon’s thought leadership in analytics.
- Provide input on marketing materials and participate in marketing presentations.
- Lead team with new client set-up.
- Review and troubleshoot client project deliverables.
- Oversee long-range forecasting and other special projects.
- Review executive summaries for major findings analysis (MFAs) and present to clients as needed.
- Advise client service teams regarding interpreting analytics reports, understanding relationship between KPIs, testing validity, forensic problem solving, database challenges, and translating data into actionable information.
- Manage development list, assign priorities, help design projects, and oversee implementation.
- Audit, advise, and oversee new methodologies.
- Manage Analytics department; provides coaching and development support to staff.
What we need from you
To be qualified for this role, you should have at least 10 years of experience in analyzing direct marketing fundraising data and interpreting it for actionable strategy adjustments, database management, and report writing. Demonstrated experience and skill in manipulating data efficiently and carefully in Microsoft Excel is required. Prior experience working with large databases and datasets preferred. Familiarity with Tableau is a plus.
Non-profit or agency experience is required. You should also possess demonstrated team and project management experience. If you’re the right candidate for us, you’ll also have the ability to compile information from multiple sources and organize for strategic conclusions and skill in solving problems using quantitative and qualitative methods.
In addition, the ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to coach and engage a team of skilled professionals.
- Skill in fostering a sense of belonging and inclusion among team members.
- Ability to champion, lead, and drive excitement for change at Avalon.
- Stays well informed about trends, developments, and new forms of technology relevant for area of expertise and department.
- Confident presence in virtual meetings; ability to engage people remotely.
- Strong ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Enjoyment from collaborating with team members, partners, and clients.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced "foot on the pedal" environment.
- Skill in managing multiple projects, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong ability to manage details and immediate concerns alongside strategy and the "big picture."
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, professionalism, and customer service.
- Eagerness for learning and continuous self-improvement.
Why you will love Avalon
Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re remote-first, hiring the best fundraisers in the business, no matter where they work. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you’ll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential. Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.
For consideration, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.