About Moody Center:
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing areas of human resources including hiring and recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compliance, and payroll.
- Help ensure Moody Center and OVG360 are in compliance with all OVG policies and regulations pertinent to human resources functions.
- Development employee engagement initiatives as well as opportunities to ensure successful retention of team members.
- Serve as an extension of the OVG Corporate People & Culture team, advocating and educating for consistent and best practice policies and practices and sharing insights and knowledge unique to the location.
- Develop key relationships with temporary staffing agencies and communicate needs on an event basis to ensure staffing levels are appropriate.
- Assists with ensuring a cohesive team environment.
- Develop and deliver materials and training to new and existing staff, ensuring they have a thorough understanding of their job functions, policies, procedures, and opportunities for growth.
- Manage employee check in processes on event days.
- Assist with payroll processing for OVG 360.
- Works with local HR leadership to ensure sound guidance to various departments at Moody Center.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires including part-time, interns, event staff, food & beverage staff, etc.
- Manages activities for recruitment and hiring with the intent of achieving consistency and equity in hiring processes.
- Planning and execution of job fairs for part-time, hourly, and event staff.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the People & Culture Department to foster an environment that is conducive to a high-performance team, quality initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed of trends and developments in the human resources field through participation in various organizations and committees and ongoing learning.
- Participates in other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work various events to ensure onsite HR support as directed.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, and 3-4 years related experience in Human Resources Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience administering broad HR functions such as hiring and recruiting, payroll, employee engagement, compliance, onboarding, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with diverse client groups.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic best practices in human resources.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows-based software applications.
- Experience in decision making that is generally governed by laws, policies, and guided by policy is preferred.
- Human Resources Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers is preferred.
Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.