A Connecticut “Best Places to Work” company is seeking an industrial designer for the On-Stage product line. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced industrial design professional to have direct impact on the future portfolio of products.
This is a creative, project management role that involves designing new products. This position works directly with the CAD Engineer, company owners and the Product Development team as a whole, reporting directly to the Director of Product Development.
• Initiates and creates innovative product and process design solutions ensuring there is justification for patents
• Partners with CAD Engineer to develop innovative and creative projects
Incorporates customer needs, marketplace price points, and product line needs into new and existing product designs
• Has an eye for functionality, aesthetics, simplicity, technology advances, and the musician’s and pro-audio expert’s point of view
• Maximizes productivity and creates products better, faster, and more cost-effectively using SOLIDWORKS
• Develops and adheres to timelines for product design, development, and manufacturing with particular attention to critical paths
• Collaborates as a team member as part of cross-functional project teams and sometimes as team leader
• Incorporates end-user requirements along with branding consistency and product line evolution
• Investigates and recommends cost reduction opportunities within the manufacturing facility and optimizes product designs to make improvements in manufacturing processes
• Incorporates market analysis and research on product and industry trends into the product-line designs
• Reports project and program status to senior leadership on a periodic basis.
• Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements and Experiences:
• Candidates should have a successful proven track record for new product design, development, and manufacturing optimization
• Proactive with an eye for improvements
• Bachelor’s degree industrial design, or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, aesthetically pleasing, reliable, cost-effective, and functional designs and creative product ideas
• Excellent creative abilities utilizing the latest innovations in technology, materials, and components
• At least 5 years’ work experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated results as a collaborative team member/leader developing consumer products
• Strong analytical skills and the capability to utilize SOLIDWORKS
• Have a proven track record of designing and developing new products and processes on time and on cost target
• Strong team and interpersonal communications skills; both written and verbal
• Proficient in MS Office 365
• Must be self-motivated and have a “positive can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond
• Music industry, musician and/or pro audio enthusiast desired
The Music People, Inc. is the leading importer of musical instrument accessories and a national distributor of Pro Audio Brands for 40 years. The Music People encompasses two unique divisions - On-Stage, which is our proprietary line of musical accessories and TMP-Pro which distributes over 200 prominent brands of pro audio. Our employees are passionate about what they do in the music industry including many that are musicians and pro audio experts. Our environment fosters a supportive, open and collaborative interaction among all employees. Family owned and operated, The Music People strive to create a culture of inclusiveness, creativity and teamwork.