Sun Realty’s Linens Driver is responsible for assisting in the administration and oversight of Sun Realty Linens Solutions OBX delivery and pickup operations. Responsibilities include loading and unloading vehicles, stocking vehicles for routes, assisting management in scheduling and routing of all deliveries and pick-ups. The Linens driver must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment and service vehicle daily, including the floor and warehouse.
- Maintain a clean and organized load and unload dock area daily.
- Professionally interacts with owners, guests, and rental office staff relative to performance of duties assigned herein.
- Provides, maintains, and updates all daily records and information as required by management.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Ability to lift between 50 - 100 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Load and unload trucks accordingly for linen deliveries and pick-ups.
- Make sure vans & trucks are equipped with trash bags, yellow bags, blue bags, gloves, directions, and injury and accident package.
- Check condition of owner provided linen boxes and report to management any that need repair or replacement.
- Report to management any owner provided linen homes without linen boxes.
- Keep accurate records of any discrepancies found during deliveries and pick-ups.
- Unload vans and trucks, separate and unfold linens, sort linens, load and unload washers and dryers, fold linens, and pack linens.
- You may be required to assist with other Sun offices/departments as needed.
Physical/Mental Demands: Lift 50 – 100 pounds, overhead lifting, carry, push, pull, throw, reach, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending, twisting, hearing, seeing, repetitive motion, folding, wrapping, and stocking linens, loading, and unloading delivery trucks, effective written and verbal communication in the English language.
Machines/Equipment/Licenses: Drive linen truck/van, possess a valid active NC driver license (minimum 3 years) with clean driving record (MVR). The operation of laundry related machines is required.
Work Environment: Laundry facility, use of chemicals, exposure to outside weather conditions, fast paced, physically strenuous, climbing flights of steps inside and out; maneuvering a vehicle in congested traffic.
The requirements and qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Accommodations are reviewed, assessed, and processed through Human Resources.
Hours: Hours and days will vary as job requires weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required. Regular punctual attendance is required.
Salary Range: Pay based on experience and proven ability, determined by Linens Manager.