1st shift 7:00AM - 3:30PM
TIG Welder Precision Fabricator
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, and ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Qualifications: Vacuum Welding Exp. Huge PLUS
Must have a minimum of 2 -years of TIG (GTAW) welding.
Must have 1 -the year of basic blueprint reading experience.
Must have basic math skills.
Must have experience in Precision TIG welding in a machine setup.
Must have experience with protractor tools.
Function & Responsibility
The Welder is responsible for very precise TIG Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using customer-supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing, cutting/copying, tacking, tuning, and welding while maintaining angular tolerances of +/- ½ %, focal lengths, and target points of +/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
Must be able to use Argon gas and TIG Welding procedures to connect metal components
Must be able to position and clamp metal components for welding.
Able to perform fusion weld, fillet welds, and butt weld with full penetration.
Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
Must be able to produce vacuum-tight welds in hard-to-reach areas of chambers.
Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order of operations (identifying the main datum point/sequence of hole penetration)
Must pay close attention to details on blueprints.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to take direction from supervisor.
Ability to focus attention on details.
Job Type: Full-time