FLSA: Administrative Exemption
Supervision Received: This position reports to the Director of Grants and Philanthropy
Supervision Given: None
The Grant Compliance Analyst handles all components of post-award grant/contract management including grant compliance, reporting, staff training & education. Develops systems to more effectively measure and monitor financial, program, and grant performance. Serves as primary internal point of contact for all grant/contract compliance and reporting.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position:
GRANTS COMPLIANCE ANALYST – DEPARTMENT OF GRANTS AND PHILANTHROPY
· Reviews and approves grant funded expenditures for compliance.
· Monitors time and effort documentation for federal and non-federal grants.
· Assists in identifying and developing grant management best practices
· Documents instances of compliant and non-compliant grant program manager activities pursuant to the grant accountability system.
· Prepares documentation for needed corrective action.
· Assists in the implementation and monitoring of activities required under the federal programs such as Community Development Block Grant
· Ensures timely completion of forms; gathers information regarding instances of non-completion, and documents items of concern.
· Maintains an up-to-date spreadsheet of the information for all grants.
· Runs reports as requested from the data collected.
· Maintains an organized filing system for all paperwork that is always audit ready.
· Ensures timely grant reporting, producing financial reports and collaborating with program staff
· Audits program data and files to ensure compliance with grant/contract reporting requirements.
· Conducts spot checks to ensure that outcomes are being tracked correctly.
· Serves as a resource and point of contact for managers of grant funded programs.
· Provides training, oversight, and support for the preparation of reports and documentation required
· Works with the department Director and Finance Director to establish, revise and implement grant reporting and compliance policies and protocols
· Performs other related work as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Comprehensive knowledge of private, federal, state, regional and local grant policies and processes.
· Strong ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and organize information.
· Ability to respond to high-volume workplace
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other degree with relevant experience
· Demonstrated experience in grant/contract administration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must regularly lift and or move items up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move items over 50 pounds; be able to clearly hear constituents when speaking in person or on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The City of Pontiac is an equal opportunity employer.